• Show
Clear All

• Artisan Motoworks Club
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20161206_175020_zpsdlckgc10.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	199.9 KB
ID:	1135062Students got the fenders removed and Parke Bishop Built radiator support on and lined up perfect. We had 9 students stay after school to work on and another senior female student take a few of my auto students under her wing and show them the ropes with stripping the fender and decklid. Thanks to ridetech and bangshift the article that was wrote and published on thier pages made it to out local news facebook with lots of positive about our program and school. I spent some time today showing and reading all the comments from face book and our build sites to the students. Thank you for all the positive feedback and we will continue give constant updates on the build. Drove over 5 hours to Maine this weekend to trade the sbc 350 for a aritic cat 400 fourwheeler. i was showing the kids how to use craigslist and now listing the quad to try to come up with funds for the t56. Trying to teach them to hustle to make a dollar and reinvest to make $2. I think one great thing about this build is next time they look at a restored car or race car i am hoping they will have a new respect for craftsmanship and the time it takes to do the job right.

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    It warms my heart to hear that the industry is kicking in. I'm just a guy working in a home shop and I can't donate much but I CAN appreciate that those who can, are.

Good to see this project has made it on our "front page" - always cool. Have you turned the kids on to our "Project Cars" section? If I were them I'd really dig that.

Dan

Leave a comment:

• Artisan Motoworks Club
    replied

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	221.0 KB
ID:	1134076time to pull the seats out and finish gutting the interior.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Artisan Motoworks Club
    replied
    prepping for the new radiator supportClick image for larger version

Name:	20161201_153347_zpsfc987aq1.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	245.6 KB
ID:	1134072
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Artisan Motoworks Club
    replied
    Want to Give a Big Thanks To Parke Bishop over at Bishop Built Rides. This is a gorgeous radiator support that started this whole build. Parke donated this to the dinner we where attending and I won it as the door prize. I was able to speak at the dinner and explained that i am a automotive instructor at a Vocational High school and how i try to incorporate building cars into my curriculum. Unfortunately any of our projects are privately funded by us teachers and it take a long time to complete one of our projects. Many times they get put on the back burner because of funds not being able to finish them. I exsplained that i would have never been able to buy such a nice piece and explained how grateful i was. Before I got back to my seat Jason Over at Ridetech reach out to me and gave me his card and said he wants to help out. Rob over at Pch rods gave me his card and said he would help out also. I cant express how i felt to have these guys help out and how excited my students were when i told them about the help.

Name:	7.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	132.4 KB
ID:	1134066Click image for larger version

Name:	8.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	203.3 KB
ID:	1134067Click image for larger version

Name:	9.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	185.9 KB
ID:	1134068

Leave a comment:

• Scott Liggett
    replied
    Cool project and especially the work you are doing with the kids.

Leave a comment:

• Turbo Regal
    replied
    Originally posted by Artisan Motoworks Club View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]n1133637[/ATTACH]Found we had a 1964-65 327, 365hp corvette winters l79 intake on the motor [ATTACH=CONFIG]n1133638[/ATTACH]
    Cool project; I'll be following this one.

​If that is truly a Vette engine and you want a 6.0 LS, I would sell it to some crazy Vette restorer and generate some $.

Leave a comment:

• Critter_67
    replied
    Awesome....keep us posted. This is a great way to get kids into cars...like real cars!

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    XLNT! I love that grin!

Dan

Leave a comment:

• Artisan Motoworks Club
    replied

Name:	motor removed.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	219.2 KB
ID:	1133642Not bad for his first motor. Was a team effort with a bunch of studentsClick image for larger version

Name:	motor3.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	216.3 KB
ID:	1133643
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Artisan Motoworks Club
    replied

Name:	20161122_104219_zps2etqcubk.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	223.0 KB
ID:	1133637Found we had a 1964-65 327, 365hp corvette winters l79 intake on the motor Click image for larger version

Name:	motor3.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	216.3 KB
ID:	1133638

Leave a comment:

• Artisan Motoworks Club
    replied

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	211.9 KB
ID:	1133628
    Here The students are drilling The hinges after we finished gaping the deck lid and hood Click image for larger version

Name:	6.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	220.7 KB
ID:	1133629

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    pretty cool stuff... keep us posted

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    To me there is something sacred about passing along the info and the passion for building cars - or anything else done with one's hands, for that matter. Are you familiar with "Craftsman's Legacy"? Worth a Google. The host is a motorcycle builder but he visits craftspersons from quilt makers to blacksmiths.

Please keep up this thread so we can see what the kids are up to. Many of us don't DO social media (I'm one of them) so we'd be out of the loop if you don't input here. If you look thru this "Project Cars" topic you'll see all sorts of interesting builds that might be inspirational to the kids.

Best of luck!

Dan

Leave a comment:

• Deaf Bob
    replied
    Sounds like n amazing program..
    Best of all luck!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X