Nick Plewniaks "Dirty 30" DragWeek build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nick Plewniaks "Dirty 30" DragWeek build

Soon to be getting a BBC with a pair of BorgWarners Holley Efi, Extreme Automatics Th400, Tial BOVs and Wastegates, and a 9" rearend . You can also follow along at http://www.Facebook.com/PlewniakRacing
    Last edited by nplewniak; December 1, 2016, 03:50 PM.

Took the body off the frame, wire wheeled the floors, and took it into the driveway for an acid wash and Hammertone paint job.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

That was a REALLY clean body to start with! Great find. Please keep us informed - many pics are good as most of us move our lips while reading and it's chapped lips season.

Dan
            Last edited by DanStokes; December 1, 2016, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Trying to help Nick get some pics on here , he's a busy man

Comment

I can't quite make out the radiator badge - what make body? Almost looks like a Hudson triangle but it's not clear.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                  I can't quite make out the radiator badge - what make body? Almost looks like a Hudson triangle but it's not clear.

Dan
                  It's a 1930 u sedan came out of a barn up here in NY where it sat since 56
                  Last edited by nplewniak; December 1, 2016, 12:08 PM.

Comment

coolness
                    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Comment

Fitting some bars for the 25.3 chassis . I've had a few people ask how do I mark the bars to tighten up the clearances. I'm just a young guy in my garage trying to make things work with what's in my budget so I didn't want to give any advice but....after I figure out my angles I cut the tube with a chop saw or a sawzall then to get it close I use a 4" flap wheel on a angle grinder and a 1.5" drum roll to get the radius closer to perfect. If it's off I run a sharpie at a 45* in the Joice of the 2 bars where they join (small line is where it's tight fat line is where it's hitting) Once I've got the shape down if it need more taken of I get a fat tip sharpie and use my finger as a guide and go around the whole tube like what's shown in this picture and use it as a guide when sanding down and finishing it to the clearances I desire it's a back and fourth process but the more confident you get the faster it goes. This 4130 chromoly isn't cheap so I'm pretty slow moving. (I'm no pro so take this as what it's worth I've just had quite a few people ask)

Comment

Originally posted by nplewniak View Post

It's a 1930 u sedan came out of a barn up here in NY where it sat since 56
                          OK - I'm old and out of the loop. What's a "u" sedan?

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post

OK - I'm old and out of the loop. What's a "u" sedan?

Dan

Plymouth. I had to exercise my Goggle Fu.

Comment

Uh - I could have done that (but I didn't think of it).

Thanks

Dan

Comment

Working...
                              X