No announcement yet.

squirrel's Luxo Barge -- 1975 Lincoln Mark IV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sufficient? someone call a doctor, I think Squirrel has heat stroke.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I'm a little late to the party ............I love it . I couldn't imagine not wanting to tow with the suburban , but that's up to you . I'd just have it for cruising long stretches of asphalt I'd just have the rims widened 3 inches Congrats on a great score !
      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

i've put at least 10k miles on the suburban towing stuff....it works, but it's a bit tiring to drive. I'll give luxury a try, and see how I like it. It's worth a try.
        My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

That is clean! Does it automatically lock the doors above 8mph? That should be a very comfortable, non-fatiguing ride!
          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

This is kind of an edit to my above post , Then put the caps back on . This part is new though, I bet those fenders would hold a 295×50×15 in the back.....possibly in the front . I ran those on a 79 Impala back in my 20s before the pro-touring thing was invented .
            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

I don't think it automatically locks the doors. Although it might? The driver side lock doesn't work, something else to fix.

I'm going to keep the stock size tires on it. No need for anything bigger....and I don't see any need to try to make it look like a hot rod, it will never be one.
              My fabulous web page

Comment

Local guy basically stripped alot of the sound deadener out, lightened up the bumpers (got rid of the inner skin) and a whole bunch of stuff, poly bushings on bigger sway bars and fat tires.. Was a terror in the corners, I'm told but didn't ride great..
                I can see wanting a luxro barge for breakfast or dinner runs.. Or trips to rekindle your honeymoon?

Comment

The back seat is big compared to her Dart that we dated in, but not very big when you're 50+ years old!
                  My fabulous web page

Comment

Lol.. Lots more comfy too if you have to ride back there...

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                      I don't think it automatically locks the doors. Although it might? The driver side lock doesn't work, something else to fix.

I'm going to keep the stock size tires on it. No need for anything bigger....and I don't see any need to try to make it look like a hot rod, it will never be one.
                      Its a Ford already one
                      Drag week 2009 Quickest street rod
                      Drag week 2010 Quickest street rod

Comment

I know you are happy with the power BUT I would put the timing chain on your list as Beagle suggested earlier. An earlier OEM version (doesn't have to be expensive or high performance) will make it run better.

Comment

There is some water staining on the timing cover, where the gasket meets the block...I expect i'll probably want to change the gaskets some time...might look into the timing chain while I'm in there. Don't cost much.

My fabulous web page

Comment

Back to work....wanted to go for a ride today with my newly retired wife, and the car died a few times, in the driveway...choke and accel pump issues. So we drove something else. Got home, pulled things apart, fixed it. I think. Choke wire fell off, and the accel pump was not returning fully, so I adjusted the linkage.

Tested the limited slip differential. This is the easy test, of course.

And did some art.

My fabulous web page

Comment

Not a bad looking car...

Comment

It's in really nice shape. And they had decent styling...the bumpers are a bit big, but so is the rest of the car. And we've had 40 years to get used to them!

went for a longer test drive tonight. The idle is a bit rough....I intend to install an O2 sensor on it, so I can see what's happening. The headlight automatic dimmer mostly worked on the way home! it's a bit flaky, being old electronics. Neat stuff from before they used computers to run everything.
                                My fabulous web page

Comment

Working...
                                X