No announcement yet.

squirrel's Luxo Barge -- 1975 Lincoln Mark IV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We'll see how it tows...but for normal driving, I think it has sufficient power. This car is about comfort, not winning races.
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Just saw this for the first time , this thing is a beast . Kinda reminds me of my wife's Chrysler 300 , only for the fact that it looks like the roofs been chopped .

Comment

hitched up, for the first time. I have mirrors for it, that I installed later in the day...then went for a little drive. It works.

My fabulous web page

Comment

Nice!
          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

did you already buff it or is the paint that decent? It's pretty shiny.
            Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

I didn't do anything besides wash it once...and that was a couple storms ago
              My fabulous web page

Comment

Took the Mark on it's maiden Airstream trailer towing run. It worked.

Then I replaced the heater core. Which seems to work better now, but it's not humid this week, so I can't be sure the defogger is working.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	heater01.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	307.8 KB
ID:	1148870

fun fact: the black box near the top center of the picture, with the colorful wires sticking out, is the anti lock brake controller. It's a rather simple system, one speed sensor on the pinion yoke, and the rear brakes are modulated by a gizmo that is powered by the power steering fluid.

Last edited by squirrel; March 7, 2017, 09:21 PM.
                My fabulous web page

Comment

Interesting! Didn't know these were so equipped.

Dan

Comment

Wow! That is an interesting gizmo from the '70's!

Comment

High tech!

And it also has a low fuel warning light, another black box in that little nook. I've never seen it come on, maybe because the fuse blows all the time. Or maybe because the sender is flaky, and shows empty when the tank still has 8 gallons in it!

My fabulous web page

Comment

My Thunderbird has a low fuel light as well. Fun fact, when I got the car the gas gauge didn't work at all, but that light worked perfectly! It'd come on with 2-3 gallons left in the tank. At least in the 60's it was a simple little 1-wire "heated sensor" that grounded through the tube and when it was above the fuel level it'd warm up and trigger a relay to kick the light on. When I put a new gas tank and sender in it, I thought it quit working, but it really turned out when I was troubleshooting it that I didn't let the tank get low enough anymore to trigger it.

Comment

Working...
                        X