My Mythical 1977 Chevrolet Chevelle SE twin's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Mythical 1977 Chevrolet Chevelle SE twin's

Taking from my Original post at My site G3GM dot com I sold this Black 77 Chevelle SE to a Guy in Indiana to get my twins

1977 Chevelle SE One of approximatly 50 ever produced from subcontracts thru GM motor division to boost sales of the Slagging Chevy Sales, of only supposed 10 that were Black on Black bucket seat cars and all but two that I have found were optioned with 350 /350th the other two were 305 cars he says were original but I have not found any data to back that claim up for all that I have found were 350 cars. Two were made with T-Tops only one has survived, The Chevelle SE was NOT a factory produced car. The SE was created by a company in Witchita, Kansas called Special Editions, Inc.
    who modified a mere fifty (yes, 50!)

1977 Chevelle Malibus with aftermarket (not factory) goodies which included a front air dam, a rear spoiler, 60 series tires on Turbine II aluminum wheels and a special orange and yellow stripe package.

All fifty cars were either black, white or silver and were optioned with a 350/4bbl engine, these cars had a rear trunk lid spoiler that had CHEVELLE SE on the right hand end of the spoiler. The spoiler had yellow and orange pinstriping about 2 inches wide that went across the rear spoiler and down the sides of the car. Under the front bumper was a fiberglass ground effect type spoiler. One of these cars was delivered to Bill Southern Chevrolet in Newkirk, Oklahoma (no longer in business) and the car was white. I know the name of the original owner, but he doesn't know who owns the car now. The silver one was delivered to Charlie Cannon Chevrolet in Ponca City, Oklahoma (no longer under that name).

Click image for larger version

Name:	9b5e47f1.jpg
Views:	3860
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	1142747

Just took Delivery ( February 21st 2016 ) On the New SE this Evening will Post some Better Pics in Daylight Tomorrow for now heres a Tease

1977 Chevelle SE right off truck<== Soundbyte of running

Last edited by Limey SE; January 25, 2017, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Been searching for Build Sheet have not Found yet BUT I did get this with paperwork

Comment

Comment

Most all parts Accounted for now Will need a Rear fender Extention for the drive side one is broke BUT useable for now, Also will need rear side marker lights these are cracked again useable just replaced when I find them. I do have rear Bumper fillers also just not Mounted

Cant wait to get this all cleaned up it looks like it has driven all its life on a gravel Road Probably enough dust and dirt under seats to start a small quarry LOL

Comment

Only thing I have to do is the floor pans ( he passed before he got to them) and No not a 350 its a 305 even title states a 305 in vin it runs so good though I am NOT going to mess with it even has dual exhaust and sounds dam good for a 46605 Mile car Has A/C, cruise, tilt, standard windows and locks

Comment

Well got the Mini Quarry from Under the hood Kinda cleaned up, Then cleaned the Red 4 spoke steering wheel for when I switch the bad tilt out for the one that was included with the car.
              Progress is Progress right ?

Comment

I decided to start the Transformation of the Ugliest GM engine color ever used GM coorperate Blue, Thank You John AKA Dynchel for the cover's.

Comment

Ok was messing around today between the Ice, rain and Mother Nature B.S. Verified true Western 8.5" wide Wheel's and also Have the 11" brakes in rear already HMMM.... Has dual exhaust also, Don't know about dual exhaust trans member or not yet Have to replace windshield soon its leaking when it rains, It is bad enough to get the Carpet wet every time, But I have floor pans already that are needed and everything else needed for floor's

Comment

Progress is progress finally found Trunk exts that were not broke and put on the side bumper fillers, now to find the Center section in the shed LOL Spoiler is attached now, as is Hood ornament .....Dam Cold weather is only 39 degrees right now with the Wind chill yes I said wind chill at the end of April LMAO

Comment

Well took the 34 years of gravel dust off the headlight surrounds and put the tinted covers back on ...Bringing back the 70's one day at a time LMAO

Comment

Comment

Well took a break from life today and let kiddos play outside since no lightning was bouncing around lol. Put the new to me Bowtie on from Bill Baker he hooked me up with....... looks more at home on the Chevelle then the El Camino one I had on there lol and my Laguna Chevelle emblem I added I think its a nice touch

:thumbsup: :beer: :thumbsup: TY Bill !

Comment

Well I knew I couldn't leave the Two Barrel on for Long LOL Anyways the Carb developed a Leak so it has to come off to get rebuilt so NO Better time to Go to 4 Barrel I guess, Add the Longtubes, 2.5" pipes with flows, front / rear Shock, Rear Sway bar from Impala SS, Finish bolting up the gforce trans member And then at Least it would Sound Better, Painted the Manifold and repainted the Valve covers to match the Shade of Blue.

Comment

Well I have almost everything Needed now thanks to a swap Deal with Chevellelaguna for Horse swapping stuff, Have to get carb gasket Parts store only had a 15 dollar gasket for carb LOL NOT The G force is Already Under car just waiting to get finished bolting up

Comment

Working...
                              X