No announcement yet.

Duhnali

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$2200? Very nice score sir. Got a lot of good parts for your money.
    Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

What ? $2,200 ? What's wrong with it ? is it haunted ?

Comment

Needed coolant, probably a radiator.
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post
          Project thread coming up ......
          THANK YOU!

Comment

There is an evil part of me that thinks this, with huge-by-large turbo(s) and a complete strip of interior would make it an awesome money maker in the streets around Seattle.

Comment

So.... since you insisted on this being a project car, here's the update. I took it to my friend to have him give it the "will make to AND back from California" review. Rear brakes are close, but not so close as to need replacement. Front rotors were way warped. Idler is shot (and I probably will change, but it WILL be chinesium). Cruise didn't work because someone didn't plug the cord back in when they replaced the stalk. New remote is programmed but the driver's door has issues - not only does it not lock with the key, but to open it does not shut off the radio or turn on the inside lights. Seats still don't move forward/back but pedals adjust enough to not worry about it.

Really the biggest issue was the water pump let go on their shop floor. I gave him no end of grief about how it was curious it happened there, but ended that conversation with "I'm so glad it did happen here" - any other shop, I'd be suspicious, not Mike's shop - it was one of those "praise-worthy events" that Christians go on about endlessly ;)

The air ride has an issue, but it rides well, and I suspect that none of the tires have sensors in them (both warnings pop up). The only thing I cared about - the cruise control - works excellent now that it's plugged in. the wheels.... most of this car has the "I don't have enough money to fix it" issues, but the wheels are probably in that vein however, it's a bit more serious. They didn't use acorn nuts when they put these wheels on. Likely this had other, cool wheels, and they either needed new tires or whatever, but when they put these on they didn't have the right lug nuts - on one level, I'm glad I got the car from them. It's a family of 5 with the oldest twins being 3 years old....

continuing on, the a/c pump is in multiple pieces - fortunately, I don't think Onterio California is going to be so warm that this is going to be an issue.

there it is... about $500 in repairs, it's safe for the trip and I'm going to enjoy parting it out... it's really nice, but I still think it's a bloated pig that's about 2x larger then it needs to be.

Comment

What's in Ontario...old Corvair?

Comment

The Crown V8 back seat kit . 😎
                  Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by Loren View Post
                    What's in Ontario...old Corvair?

when we're there - dogs with lots and lots of drool. Outside of that, mostly criminals and tree huggers.

there's a trailing conference where dogs are certified. IIRC, it happens every couple years or so down there. certified means given a national-qualifying test in trailing that allows the dog to work outside of its certifying county (dogs can work any mission in their certifying county and missions within the State; to work outside those boundaries this certification is well-accepted).

For me, outside of my chauffeur duties, I've a friend near Yosemite that I'm going to bother during most of the time along with go see Peterson's museum. I'll be there Thursday, Friday, Saturday and leave on Sunday.

Comment

Good luck to the mutts! Guess that includes ol' SBG, too.

We've often talked of getting Kingsford certified as a therapy dog. He's 60 lbs. of love and goes happily to anyone who will rub an ear and I don't think he knows what his teeth are for except crunching kibble so it seems like he'd be a great candidate. One of these days I'll find out the process.

Dan

Comment

Poodles are really good in hospitals because they don't shed - so yes, please do so.

Comment

Working...
                        X