Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plastic Fantastic tew

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • failed fix



    surprise, the heater core is junk


    surprising, though, I got anything done on this today - was a little busy
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

    Comment


    • Old hotness

      New hotness

      Doing it all wrong since 1966

      Comment


      • new hotness, by MILES.....

        Comment


        • I liked the crackle of "Old Hotness", didn't hear enough of "New Hotness"

          I need "New Hotness" outside for a true comparison.
          Tim
          Melbourne Australia

          65 Hardtop Impala, 70 GTS Monaro, 93 "80" Landcruiser

          Comment


          • Originally posted by 65RHDEER View Post
            I liked the crackle of "Old Hotness", didn't hear enough of "New Hotness"

            I need "New Hotness" outside for a true comparison.
            this is a weather-dependant issue... in short, when it stops raining in June, this will happen
            oletrux4evr and Deaf Bob like this.
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

            Comment


            • Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

              this is a weather-dependant issue... in short, when it stops raining in June, this will happen
              Saw a few minutes of the Seahawks game as I walked by the tv... Looked like it was pouring up your way Sunday..
              Was sprinkly/sunny here and was doing yard crap in tee shirt..

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post

                Saw a few minutes of the Seahawks game as I walked by the tv... Looked like it was pouring up your way Sunday..
                Was sprinkly/sunny here and was doing yard crap in tee shirt..
                What's a Seahawk?

                It hasn't been pleasant for a few days - supposed to be better at the end of the week, hopefully my new valve covers will arrive so I don't do an oil-smoke show when I do get to finally pull it out....
                Doing it all wrong since 1966

                Comment


                • heating system

                  I think I see why it was leaking

                  stupid mice


                  I kept thinking while the body was off - replace this stuff...

                  new hoses as well

                  when the fan was out, I tested it.... it draws a lot of current so I replaced it

                  only one little problem.... I didn't put the fan on the motor when I put it together.... yeah, I'm a dumbass oh well, they can't fire me so the rest of the voices in my head are just gonna have to shut it.

                  Doing it all wrong since 1966

                  Comment


                  • Wow! A free nest!

                    Dan

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                      Wow! A free nest!

                      Dan
                      my law practice does not discriminate - we evict human and rodent
                      Deaf Bob and 74NovaMan like this.
                      Doing it all wrong since 1966

                      Comment


                      • Now with sidepipes in place
                        Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; October 24th, 2019, 10:29 PM.
                        oletrux4evr and silver_bullet like this.
                        Doing it all wrong since 1966

                        Comment


                        • first fix
                          there is a problem

                          better

                          shiney new valve covers... this time aluminum

                          chrome doesn't get me home but it does keep oil from leaking onto the headers

                          got the car up to operating temp....

                          killed all the bugs
                          but not oil - that's the stuff from the header wrap.... interestingly, it doesn't smell, I already had a migraine so I can't say whether or not it affect it.

                          anyway, there are a few water leaks but my major concern - the surface of the block - isn't a problem, no water in the oil, no pressure in the water system ...

                          DanStokes, BFXJason and 2 others like this.
                          Doing it all wrong since 1966

                          Comment


                          • Sounds great at idle but I'll guess it will get loud quick with the use of the loud peddle.

                            What's the startup like with the FiTech?
                            Tim
                            Melbourne Australia

                            65 Hardtop Impala, 70 GTS Monaro, 93 "80" Landcruiser

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by 65RHDEER View Post
                              Sounds great at idle but I'll guess it will get loud quick with the use of the loud peddle.

                              What's the startup like with the FiTech?
                              so far so good - the Land Cruiser has settled in nicely, it took a bit of e-tuning tonight to make it idle. That said, it is a glorious noise - how you folks live in other countries without 7.0 liter V8s is beyond me. To me the darkness and bleakness would be overwhelming.
                              Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; October 24th, 2019, 10:26 PM.
                              silver_bullet likes this.
                              Doing it all wrong since 1966

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

                                so far so good - the Land Cruiser has settled in nicely, it took a bit of e-tuning tonight to make it idle. That said, it is a glorious noise - how you folks live in other countries without 7.0 liter V8s is beyond me. To me the darkness and bleakness would be overwhelming.
                                Whaa? The Cruiser got the Fitech?
                                Thought the vette was... Damn! I'm lost!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X