• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Captain View Post
    Like what you are doing !!

Originally posted by Captain View Post

I didn't send this !!!
    I'm going to change my password now !!

​​​​​​Sorry, hope no other threads have been attacked.
    thanks for clearing that up
    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; April 9, 2020, 11:19 AM.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• It looks out of context.....for ME
      "Like" WHAT are you doing?
      I would have just sent something more ME,
      Kool, Great, Groovy, or even "That's SO Good I'm going to Steal That Idea!!"

It doesn't look like I sent it.

Carry On, I do like your progress !

Comment

It looks out of context.....for ME
        "Like" WHAT are you doing?
        I would have just sent something more ME,
        Kool, Great, Groovy, or even "That's SO Good I'm going to Steal That Idea!!"

It doesn't look like I sent it.

Carry On, I do like your progress !
        well maybe you should have a serious talk with your drunk self about how you sound? (picturing this conversation)

Comment

• I wish I could blame many Strange Things that happen here on my friend Al Kohall........
          Haven't had any beers for over a week and a half. All my Rusty Iron Junkie Friends are staying home with the Shelter In Place Order.

Maybe I'm having the "DT's" or Cabin Fever.......LOL
          ​​​​​​The only other person I have seen is the postman, dropped off the shifter from Russell.
          Going to get out of the shop and house Saturday. Going on a Parts Safari.
          Maybe that will help. But I have had 3 strange emails and texts going and coming in today.
          Peace Out.
          ​​​​​​​

Comment

I wish I could blame many Strange Things that happen here on my friend Al Kohall........
            Haven't had any beers for over a week and a half. All my Rusty Iron Junkie Friends are staying home with the Shelter In Place Order.

Maybe I'm having the "DT's" or Cabin Fever.......LOL
            ​​​​​​The only other person I have seen is the postman, dropped off the shifter from Russell.
            Going to get out of the shop and house Saturday. Going on a Parts Safari.
            Maybe that will help. But I have had 3 strange emails and texts going and coming in today.
            Peace Out.
            ​​​​​​​
            I hate it when my other self talks for me

NO I DON'T

Comment

• I just wonder what the point of someone hacking your account to do this would be . Not doubting it happened , just what would be the point .
              Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• so beside cleaning the shop, I got one more thing in the done column
                the other pin

and voila

Comment

• today was mostly cleaning the shop and reorganizing. The next step for both the Corvette and the Buick is bodywork so I opened up some floor space

but onto the car first, resolving the power steering issue (I didn't)

then I took some thinking time on my dirtbike

then got these for free, yes, downhill is in my future

I guess I own 2 Jeeps now, I think I overpaid
                  pulley install starter pack

then I found the right pulley - too bad the pump is too small for what I'm doing

back to the pump

the problem is the pump is about 1/4" forward - and there is no room to go back...

I still need to resolve the alternator issue but that is for another day

Comment

• let's start with the air cleaner
                    this is what's hitting

had to dig in my fitting bone pile for a 90* elbow

fixed

still need to buy a filtered top.. what I have is too think and too cheesy
                    epoxy time

cut a bunch of strips

then start plying them on there

and inner fenders the aluminum is meant as a backing. I could have used wood, but that would require coating both sides.

starting to refine my technique on this side

somewhere I read that using glass to coat the strips would help. It does

the steps.... first dump some resin on the glass then put glass strips on the glass

let it soak (maybe 30 seconds max)

flip it over

then stick it in place

it's a messy task, but once you stick it up, let it adhere for a bit (push it onto the place), then come back a minute or two later and push it again to get the resin to come through. Tomorrow I should finish... tonight was hole-filling, so it was only one layer.... next lay up I'll do a couple more layers and that should hold it. The entire goal here is strength. I'm going to rubberize coat it so it will be unseen once done

Comment

• I feel itchy from here... bleh fiberglass... nice work though!
                      "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

1985 Pontiac Fiero, 3.5 V6 turbo, 5 speed
                      1988 Suburban, 350 TBI 700r4, 4x4
                      2006 2500 HD 6.0 4x4

Comment

• Originally posted by ejs262 View Post
                        I feel itchy from here... bleh fiberglass... nice work though!
                        with baby powder, it's really not bad... of course, I didn't put powder on my hands before I started last night .... sigh

Comment

• yesterday's work turned out fine...

today's work is going to have to be redone... that said, I get to play with filler and epoxy tomorrow so that should just great.

Comment

• the most boring part of any build... filling holes

and building up edges

basically tonight's mix was epoxy mayonnaise...

tomorrow, move it forward after I get my new shear...

Comment

• Not sure how much I will use this on this project, but upgraded my shear today

got it off the lift, now I just have bodywork... or at least that's what is next

Comment

• bracket number 3?

mounts too low, but I can make it work with some welding and stuff - the biggest thing, I need to move it forward enough to clear the lower radiator hose

time to start sanding...

fender isn't terrible

the door
                                gaps

the only metal part on the outside so I used proper metal tools

much better

for awhile it's going to be rinse/repeat for body work. The gaps and such are going to take a lot of time... ah well

Comment

Working...
                                X