Plastic Fantastic tew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
    I have lots of cool parts sitting on boxes too .... too easy, my friend, you make it too easy
    i actually have almost everything ready for the swap
    (fuel line splitter, linkage, gaskets, etc...) but this
    car is my daily driver so i gotta get a couple days open
    where i dont need to go anywhere for install / tuning....

pretty sure i will get this on and running before you get
    yours driving with the 427....

Comment

• In that vein, worked on the transmission today
      these are what stopped me (and a ball bearing that is MIA).... I forgot to ask the PO how he did this to the snap rings, though probably a good thing I didn't, they look like there was a war.

a brief modification of a box to make removal of parts easier

for having three teeth floating around inside, it looks really good inside (and the synchros are in great shape

and yeah, missing teeth

have the gear, no idea what I did with my bearing splitter... ah well, I need more snap rings too

bright side is I found the motor mounts that I was looking for - of course, the person who needed them got mounts a couple weeks ago. Par would be finding the bearing splitter 2 weeks after I buy another.
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Been there done that...found my post hole digger yesterday that has been MIA for months now...
        Patrick & Tammy
        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• transmission off to assembly.... it'll come back pretty and fixed I've got great friends.

Comment

• looking good, brother. makes me want to go out and start unbolting my intake
            right now, hah hah....cant. got work next 4 days. MAYBE the weekend, if the
            planets align right and i dont get sucked into fixing "EBESBM"--as in, "everybody
            elses sh*t but mine". unfortunately, like for most of you im sure, thats the norm around here.

Comment

• i just realized, with sidepipes, a 4 gear, and 3.42's
              its going to sound like this-

"RAAH, RAAAAAAAAAAH, RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH,
              RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!!"

again, i LOVE it.

Comment

• you wanna know the best part - the I-90 tunnel is 2 miles of glorious noise when driven with a sidepipe Vette... now in BBC.

Comment

you wanna know the best part - the I-90 tunnel is 2 miles of glorious noise when driven with a sidepipe Vette... now in BBC.
                  With a couple of downshifts too!

Comment

• my goal is to set off the Mt. Rainier eruption alarms.

Comment

my goal is to set off the Mt. Rainier eruption alarms.
                      i am almost certain you will, its going to be crazy.
                      cant wait to see/hear it IMMEDIATELY, sooner if
                      possible......

sucks that we have to do other stuff. like work. or maybe
                      take a shower....or sleep....

Comment

• and it's very unlikely I'll have this done before winter shuts it down.... summer is for painting, winter is for mechanical. I usually get that backwards, but since I need to put about another 2k into parts; it's likely going to be a couple months.

Comment

and it's very unlikely I'll have this done before winter shuts it down.... summer is for painting, winter is for mechanical. I usually get that backwards, but since I need to put about another 2k into parts; it's likely going to be a couple months.
                          ah hah, so i MAY actually get the chance to cram my 2x4 intake on
                          first, hah hah...otherwise ill look like a fat lazy useless fool...again.

Comment

• No judgment here.

Comment

• nope....I ain't judging either.... Had a 240Z with split headers and duals....and 2 itty bitty resonators to cut the rasp... Chesapeake bay tunnel in Virginia in my younger days...
                              Patrick & Tammy
                              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

No judgment here.
                                its ok, i made my peace with being a fat lazy useless fool a long time ago...

Comment

Working...
                                X