Plastic Fantastic tew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1946Austin View Post
    Will there be local Optima Challenge events near your area? Or will you have to trailer the car far to get to any of them?
    Sounds like traction, or controlling all that power will be your biggest issue at any event. I'm sure once you've gotten your right foot educated to the Corvette it will do well!
    the FiTech has an internal spring that is more than adequate - the trick is to find double springs that don't actually do anything, then throttle control is a bit easier.

closest Optima is Bay-Area California. I only have to go to one event to qualify, but the 2021 schedule isn't out yet so perhaps that will change. I really don't have a problem toting it to California - I can practice up here at PIR, Pacific Raceway and the Ridge are all close (Road courses), Monroe has some stuff - practicing out of view of the mainstream could be beneficial... I'm hoping to get some autocross experience before winter shuts it down.... crossing fingers because I'm not quite ready yet.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell View Post
      Do you have a black leather mask and cape?

my money is on yes--double or nothing says theres also a riding crop,
      thigh high leather boots and a studded leather thong in the mix as well.......

they dont call him SUPERbuick for nothing.....

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
        we will not be talking about the shape, color, or use of my leather goods.

"plausible deniability"?

Comment

• I take it the techs at most tracks will require a double spring on throttle return?

Comment

• weights... it did take quite a bit of time, but at least it seems to be pretty close now... first... always rock your car... or lose 200 lbs

the result....

that is with me in the driver's seat and a full tank of fuel

and you have no idea how tempted I am to cut the two seats apart and make one that fits AND holds me in place

Comment

• I know, I know, I've gone without an e-brake in my '40 for years.... but still
              time to make it work on this

5/32 wire... who uses 5/32 wire? gm, apparently

so when I get crimpable ferrules on Wednesday, I'll mark this done
              DanStokes likes this.

Comment

• Where did you find the cable? I don't recall seeing 5/32 at the hardware store.

Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                  Where did you find the cable? I don't recall seeing 5/32 at the hardware store.

Dan
                  the cable is something GM sourced..

Comment

• wait, what happened? the seats were installed

these needed clean and paint

so these came out

derust

so I decided the seat belts would work better in the '40.... better, in that they could actually be adjusted once installed

so the race harnesses are in the C3, and it's easier to fix the windows and wire the door locks with it out. Not just that but the center console needs to be fastened in place....
                    silver_bullet likes this.

Comment

• and now, taking it further apart - but with new seat belts

took a bit of modification to fit

oh yeah, and fixing the paint so white doesn't show

glue the 4 speed tag on? oh I can do better than that

seat rails painted

camera battery died, but the next picture would have shown the dash completely removed

the power windows weren't getting power. The short version, I now know where that orange wire with the red plug goes.... of course, I had nicely tucked it up in the dash about the same level as the headlight switch - which meant pulling it all apart. Ah well, they work now
                      hauen, DanStokes and silver_bullet like this.

Comment

• You and your "pretty dash". Took the cover off the flatbed dash to add switches and guages.. had ran out of time.. Started using it.. "next week" was 15+ yrs ago.. Confuses folks, anti theft Some smartass says, "Bob, wires belong in the dash". Buddy says "There are wires in the dash"

Comment

• Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                          You and your "pretty dash". Took the cover off the flatbed dash to add switches and guages.. had ran out of time.. Started using it.. "next week" was 15+ yrs ago.. Confuses folks, anti theft Some smartass says, "Bob, wires belong in the dash". Buddy says "There are wires in the dash"
                          windows that work... this ain't about pretty, this is about having working windows.... which, out there in the country, may not be something you're concerned about, but around here.... they're nice.

Comment

• now we're getting somewhere

e-brake...

I need to tighten it a bit more, but it works

Comment

• radio block off plate... what could it cost? $20? yeah. no
                              https://www.ebay.com/itm/REAL-GM-196...-/172970014658

$1500

repop?
                              https://www.zip-corvette.com/68-76-r...off-plate.html

$170....

good lord.

Comment

• Know anybody with a 3D printer?
                                Patrick & Tammy
                                - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Working...
                                X