Plastic Fantastic tew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 65RHDEER View Post
    Did you use a quality brand with the wrinkle?
    yep
    Originally posted by ejs262 View Post
    bummer on the wrinkle paint, too cold maybe?
    I dunno, they were kept minimum temperature when I sprayed then dried in the house (after they flashed).
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• You'll have to wait - many years. When I got old enough I wrinkled so I guess that's how it works.

Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
        You'll have to wait - many years. When I got old enough I wrinkled so I guess that's how it works.

Dan
        "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

1985 Pontiac Fiero, 3.5 V6 turbo, 5 speed
        1988 Suburban, 350 TBI 700r4, 4x4
        2006 2500 HD 6.0 4x4

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
          yep

I dunno, they were kept minimum temperature when I sprayed then dried in the house (after they flashed).
          I always try and paint stuff warm, I seem to get the best results that way. are you planning on stripping them and giving them another go or just letting it ride?
          "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

1985 Pontiac Fiero, 3.5 V6 turbo, 5 speed
          1988 Suburban, 350 TBI 700r4, 4x4
          2006 2500 HD 6.0 4x4

Comment

• Originally posted by ejs262 View Post

I always try and paint stuff warm, I seem to get the best results that way. are you planning on stripping them and giving them another go or just letting it ride?
            let them go... it is a race car. I'm more concerned about de-billeting then I am about prettiness.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
              Well, got a late start.... seems our friend in Langley BC cleaned his shop, so I had to do something....

Comment

• well, look at that

and the work begins, again.

Comment

• Oh ! a Gen 5 LS ! nice one .....

Comment

• Originally posted by langleylad View Post
                    Oh ! a Gen 5 LS ! nice one .....
                    Gen IV

Comment

• time to hone

and then a problem (actually a couple problems)...first, the hole wasn't lined with the oil feed (not a huge deal) however, these bearings weren't looking happy, then there was the notches where they were installed... I can't imagine having to pull this all the way apart to repair cam bearings... so out they come

the easiest way to do this...

bonus issue... I went to clean the passages and one plug was finger tight.... 2 had thread lock, one was loose, the other was okay... I'll stake them when they go back in (and drill a hole for timing chain oiling

that bearing probably isn't reusable....

Comment

• Perfect example of why we have to go through the checklist on every engine we get back from a machine shop. Glad you're catching these things now!

Comment

• Time to start moving in the right direction
                          but first remove the rest of the cam bearings...

note the problem? while it is true that BBC bearings are different diameters, this is the first I've seen where one is narrower

but now I can paint

this stuff works well, so again....

how to store it

shiney

get it to flash so I can start assembly tomorrow

Comment

• im so disappointed that you didnt paint the block pink this time....

Comment

• I wasn't aware of Motor Coater. I'll look into that the next time I have an engine needing coating.

Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post
                                im so disappointed that you didnt paint the block pink this time....
                                I love that you share your innermost, deepest thoughts - no matter how disturbing - but I must admit that I'm not even a little concerned about disappointing someone who lives in paradise.

Comment

Working...
                                X