Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beagle
    replied
    re: FITech ... I don't think I can edit the "Oh Shit" out of this reply so I'll just leave it here.

I hope they had a couple of diodes inside that thing that blow up instead of fragging everything in sight. I'd be surprised if they didn't have at least some reverse polarity protection in it. Have you called them yet?

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    well fuel

plumbing complete :D

and started on the steering column

and obligatory picture of new alternator because pictures

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by 65RHDEER View Post
    Oh that's a kick in the butt, alternator, FITECH, hope there isn't a third thing!
    I started it on starting fluid... all else is fine

Leave a comment:

• 65RHDEER
    replied
    Oh that's a kick in the butt, alternator, FITECH, hope there isn't a third thing!

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    and cooked the computer in the fitech

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

unfortunately, I'm stuck with the problem, you see - it wasn't the wiring that messed up.

that said, even in here I can make it look like not a screwup... you see, there's a Defender 110 coming into my life quite soon - and being able to (safely) let the smoke out is a good talent to have.
    Uh-oh. Best of luck.

Dan

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by 1946Austin View Post
    I hate fixing screwed up wiring. I'd rather install a whole new wiring harness kit than try to make those uglies work.
    unfortunately, I'm stuck with the problem, you see - it wasn't the wiring that messed up.

that said, even in here I can make it look like not a screwup... you see, there's a Defender 110 coming into my life quite soon - and being able to (safely) let the smoke out is a good talent to have.
    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; July 8, 2020, 09:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

• 1946Austin
    replied
    I hate fixing screwed up wiring. I'd rather install a whole new wiring harness kit than try to make those uglies work.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    whoops... I had the wires backwards on the battery... cooked the alternator. I had to go back to the shop tonight and touched the alternator... was hot, thankfully the disconnect switch works perfect.... lordy. the good Lord does watch over me.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    two installed

four installed

ugh

fun fact, you need this wire connected

there was 2 hours of my life, gone.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    onward with important, performance upgrades

new brake/clutch covers, worth 20 hp - which is damn near a Summit racing sticker

then exciting latch attachment

then... hold your breath in anticipation.... wiring

I'm going to replace the adapter with a real, waterproof plug.... these things are useless

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Today, Rad Rides posted up a new video about a wagon where they put an Art Morrison chassis under it.... to remind, I did this nearly 2 years ago.

So I did do jack today... twice
    new hotness

old brokenness

wait.... which one is broken?

I was all ready to proclaim how my Costco jack outlasted 2 HF jacks.... which, old brokenness did... problem was that was a factory sealed new one that was broken when they put it in the box.... ah well, just 2 hours I'll never get back
    putting the new, new one to work

and the divorce is final

finally get to use this cart

this didn't last long, but it fits so I can move stuff around if needed

stiff stripped off..... more to come

I'm bringing this blast from the past up because I think it's cool. Art Morrison now has a IRS chassis that uses all Camaro parts.... hmm, wonder where he came up with that idea? yeah.. I know it wasn't available when I did this because I looked at all the options - he was still using the Ford T-bird rear....

File this under "why I blog" maybe even "why I'm poor" too ;) still, more power to anyone who follows along and does it themselves.
    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; July 6, 2020, 02:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    success?

no

however, it was an easy fix.... so success
    then came a lot of stuff like this... this was the alternator wiring

stripped it out of the harness, I'll repurpose the full-time power wire, though

installed the markers

and a battery cut-off switch

still have a ways to go... but one bite at a time

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    back to where I was a week ago...

don't see a leak (the pump with the hose on it)

the only place it might have leaked is the bottom bolt... but even so....

got a relay box in so I can start wiring stuff

and new steering wheel arrive

I did put DEI wrap around the hoses

trust but verify

Friday night picture, looks pretty much the same

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    He'd be in the Buick if it were available... I'm fairly certain that's what that look is

Leave a comment:

Working...
X