No announcement yet.

Plastic Fantastic tew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I scrolled through the last 140 pages to see if you had posted what wheels and tires you plan on running, but didn't see anything. Have you decided yet ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Monster View Post
      I scrolled through the last 140 pages to see if you had posted what wheels and tires you plan on running, but didn't see anything. Have you decided yet ?
      the short answer is no

but there are complexities

the tire size I'm running is fine, but one tire has a large notch - and if I showed up at the track with it and they noticed, they'd say no.

so technically, I'm running what's on it now, but I will be figuring out something new very soon
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Totally interested in this entire build. A basket case '68 is very interested in what you've done here. It's totally awesome to take a C3 and move it to modern technology with parts which are available secondhand instead of spending cubic mammon to have somebody else do it for you. I think your work is awesome, please keep it up and remain with us on the forum. You've undoubtedly been one of the most popular members of the community.

Makes me put off finding a Dynacorn body for a fist-gen Firebird for the old Wayne Due conversion to C4 suspension in favor of the C3... Hmmm. Keep it up, waiting to see how the Optima dreams work out - and we all wish a kick-azz performance out of this bad fish!
        Livin the dream

Comment

• Just a slight problem....

the funny thing is I'm not sold on the idea of balancing the pressure plate.... but since the 427 Eagle crank doesn't have a center balance, I begrudgingly agreed
          got it back yesterday, then assembled it last night

was supposed to have help/witnesses... but a 18" of snow ended that

always put your motor in when there is little chance you'll be able to drive it once its in

and it's in

though I had to take the trans out to do it

truth be told, the 1/4" block saver almost stopped me. I made the driveshaft really too long, but since it fits... we move on

big floor, dropped a unique washer (for the shifter).... where the bloody hell did it go?

looking more assembled... should make noise tomorrow

Comment

• Wish I had known you needed a hand, I could have made it in the Pig Rig no prob.
            "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

1985 Pontiac Fiero, 3.5 V6 turbo, 5 speed
            1988 Suburban, 350 TBI 700r4, 4x4
            2006 2500 HD 6.0 4x4

Comment

• If ever I drop something I've got into the habit of always watching it fall if I can, I may not see exactly where it stops but I have a better idea of where it is.
              It's saved me a bit of time since I started doing it.

That is a strange place to add weight

Hope with the next few steps it all goes well.
              Tim
              Melbourne Australia

65 Hardtop Impala, 70 GTS Monaro, 93 "80" Landcruiser

Comment

• Hope that welded "washer weight" stays there at HIGH REV's........
                Or just say......."It's Self Balancing" when it ricochet's around in the bell housing and falls out and slides hides with that "Special Washer" you are still crawling around on the shop floor with a flashlight shinning under every toolbox, and cabinet..........

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain View Post
                  Hope that welded "washer weight" stays there at HIGH REV's........
                  Or just say......."It's Self Balancing" when it ricochet's around in the bell housing and falls out and slides hides with that "Special Washer" you are still crawling around on the shop floor with a flashlight shinning under every toolbox, and cabinet..........
                  I found it, eventually, it was hiding under the floor mats in front of the lathe. Under. I don't ask 'how' anymore because there really is no answer.

Comment

• Originally posted by ejs262 View Post
                    Wish I had known you needed a hand, I could have made it in the Pig Rig no prob.
                    the friend wanted to see how the motor goes into a C3 (so when he does it, he has an idea).
                    Thanks for the offer, though

Comment

• Good to see it back in the hole. I'm sure you did this but didn't mention it so I'll ask - did you center the Lakewood 'shield? The Quicktime I put in Dick's Volvo was WAY off and I ended up with the eccentrics screwed all the way in one direction to get it in spec.

Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                        Good to see it back in the hole. I'm sure you did this but didn't mention it so I'll ask - did you center the Lakewood 'shield? The Quicktime I put in Dick's Volvo was WAY off and I ended up with the eccentrics screwed all the way in one direction to get it in spec.

Dan
                        this one was pretty close....

Comment

• not much to show, Buick has been clingy lately - normally, he refuses to come into the shop...

filled the coolant system

in my rewire, I think I missed a wire - because there is no switched power... tomorrow's problem

what's left is the belts, and the wiring issue....

Comment

• found the electric problem.... this should be attached to a wire

assembled

need this to make it move, though

(note the oil pressure? )
                            best of all, no leaks (so far).
                            it's alive

Comment

• You do not lack tenacity! And seriously, thanks for posting your nifty projects.

Dan

Comment

• Now that's a theft deterrent! :
                                need this to make it move, though
                                Patrick & Tammy
                                - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Working...
                                X