• Show
Clear All

• how to connect your laptop to FiTech
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• shorter front springs

there, balanced

old list

new list this is for max points in engineering... I may even cave and put some kind of radio in it...

since it was on the list, the ramps

Comment

• 376 to the tire

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
          376 to the tire
          Tim
          Melbourne Australia

65 Hardtop Impala, 70 GTS Monaro, 93 "80" Landcruiser

Comment

• for the record... we didn't mess with the timing. It has 18* initial then I think 20* mechanical.... at this point it's not knocking and the motor is still 'new' .... safe tune get some more miles under it and maybe I'll revisit the timing.... I have my eye on the coil per cylinder conversion.....

dyno confirmed I was 39* total.

Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; April 16, 2021, 07:00 PM.

Comment

• humph. I went to PIR, they have noise limits.... 97 db noise limits. if you've been following along, you'll know that my noise at full song is 111 db. I didn't find out before I went but I'm so glad I did because I spent time with my parents - something that's been hard to do since I saw them a year ago....

but I have a problem to fix. Thinking a corkscrew with some steel wool as the first shot. I'm also not against injecting water to muffle the sound... I really need to be below 105 - from there it's arguable....

Comment

humph. I went to PIR, they have noise limits.... 97 db noise limits. if you've been following along, you'll know that my noise at full song is 111 db. I didn't find out before I went but I'm so glad I did because I spent time with my parents - something that's been hard to do since I saw them a year ago....

but I have a problem to fix. Thinking a corkscrew with some steel wool as the first shot. I'm also not against injecting water to muffle the sound... I really need to be below 105 - from there it's arguable....
                I thought at one time they made inserts for sidepipes - like a glasspack cartridge.

Comment

• Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post

I thought at one time they made inserts for sidepipes - like a glasspack cartridge.
                  they do.. sort of, the Holley ones - you can swap out inserts (or run without), these have inserts that I'm not sure are removeable.... problem is you have to snake whatever else you want to stuff in there through the tip.

Comment

• so let's try this

and this explains why

Comment

• Might there be the option of using chambered pipes? I don't have a big block, but there's no problem with flow and they bark very well without breaking my eardrums... Stainless is stupid expensive, but mild is a better swallow for the wallet.
                      Last edited by 99_ls1; April 19, 2021, 05:56 PM.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

• Hmmmm...

add that to the 5-6 inches is enough to drop 16 db... time to get some metal and play

Comment

humph. I went to PIR, they have noise limits.... 97 db noise limits. if you've been following along, you'll know that my noise at full song is 111 db. I didn't find out before I went but I'm so glad I did because I spent time with my parents - something that's been hard to do since I saw them a year ago....

Total BS at PIR, and that's one more reason I wont run there. If you're there when they run the little Junior Dragsters are all way over their 97db levels, and very irritating sounds too! Yet they don't stop them from running.
                          Have you considered just going to Toutle, Wa. Riverdale Raceway? No noise restrictions, and they have racing every weekend, but no problem with guys bringing cars in just to do test and tune also.

Comment

• Back to lights
                            first, adjust the rods so that closed is the furthest point.

I need to make a stop but that's tomorrow
                            today, wiring. I'm putting the switch under the steering column. The stock C3 has vacuum controls for the headlight doors here - I don't need them, and I need a way of mounting the under part.... win win

and painted black (and drying)

to be continued tomorrow....

Comment

• panels installed....

I also used the wrong switch.... and this isn't better.... ah well. tomorrow.

The problem with the switch I used is it locks in position - it needs to be a momentary switch (self-centering) otherwise it could burn up the motors.

Comment

• Now I'm official

the right switch

light lever

on my list of things to do is power port

mods

first, block off the ash tray

two holes

wire harness

now harness with switch

even a phone holder

I had to do one fix, I didn't realize my only USB port had voltage display... so one switch later

two switches and a plug... there would be video of the lights but Youtube is not playing nice tonight (actually, I think it's a cord problem)

Comment

Working...
                                X