Plastic Fantastic tew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
    The bad thing about blond shop dogs is they show dirt , grease , and oil . Oh well , better knowing it before going in the house .
    not my first big blond
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• As you mentioned in my '39 thread about makers attitudes towards handling customer problems; I hope this crap comes back to bite them in the ass! The lack of accepting responsibility when they clearly know they have issues is irritating. They seem to think that word wont get out about issues they're having, and that thinking might have worked a few decades ago! But today, with the internet, and the many forums we have, this type of attitude and ignoring problems gets a lot of mileage quickly!
      Having problems isn't a big deal IF they respond and correct them. But if they decide to dig their heels in and place blame on the customer instead of accepting it themselves, I hope their sales will be affected by the bad PR we give them!

Comment

• Originally posted by 1946Austin View Post
        As you mentioned in my '39 thread about makers attitudes towards handling customer problems; I hope this crap comes back to bite them in the ass! The lack of accepting responsibility when they clearly know they have issues is irritating. They seem to think that word wont get out about issues they're having, and that thinking might have worked a few decades ago! But today, with the internet, and the many forums we have, this type of attitude and ignoring problems gets a lot of mileage quickly!
        Having problems isn't a big deal IF they respond and correct them. But if they decide to dig their heels in and place blame on the customer instead of accepting it themselves, I hope their sales will be affected by the bad PR we give them!
        I can advertise for them or against them. It's their choice. At the time I purchased, it was pretty much anyone's game; now? Holley is winning. Funny part is, despite their lackluster customer service, the installation manual and instructions are top notch (which is NOT true with FiTech - try to find what their error codes are if you want a good example of this). I guess you don't need great customer service when you do great documentation....

So, I haven't heard from there, now, 2 days after they received it. Here's my bet. I get them both back without explanation just a "we found a slight problem and fixed it".... or "we replaced X parts" with no further explanation.... what would be a nice,fu, touch is if they completely erase the tune that's on the handheld.

On that Monday phone call - after the "I'd never approve the RMA" comment, he said that my old tune won't work with the 'new' computer that I bought... where, FiTech, could I find that information? you make the premise of Douglas Adam's book "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" seem like child's play. I'm 3 years into FiTech stuff and nowhere did I see anything which said that I'd have to re-input the target values due to a new computer?.... not a new handheld... a new computer.

Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; June 10, 2021, 09:21 AM.

Comment

• I know I posted in the main forum... here we discuss

Pictures
          130ish mph, nice thing, not hitting the fender (front or rear)... bad thing, probably need bigger sway bars

the dragging thing underneath is my tow strap...

going away

​​​​​​​

Comment

• Patrick & Tammy
            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
              130ish mph, nice thing, not hitting the fender (front or rear)... bad thing, probably need bigger sway bars

That car looks great on the track !

Comment

• Complete badass! That looks wonderful. You are having way too much fun
                Livin the dream

Comment

• FiTech

I called them today, they're testing the throttle body now. According to them a TPS wire was pinched - which may have caused most, if not all, of my issues with the TBI.... of course, my second, followup question "so, what about the computer that failed?" they hadn't tested it yet... I'm still glad I bought the Holley because it gives me an outside chance of being able to run next weekend as it's going to be delivered (by UPS) on Monday.

as for the 2nd computer.... think "boy, that'd be great to use as a controller for a stack-injection on something silly like a nail head Buick motor....."

Comment

as for the 2nd computer.... think "boy, that'd be great to use as a controller for a stack-injection on something silly like a nail head Buick motor....."
                    Too bad you don't know anybody whose a Buick guy with a spare stack injection system laying around! ;)
                    Last edited by 1946Austin; June 11, 2021, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Too bad you don't know anybody whose a Buick guy with a spare stack injection system laying around! ;)
                      Or a race car motor from the 60s.... too bad....

Comment

Or a race car motor from the 60s.... too bad....
                        Would love to hear that old nailhead cackle one day! Bet it's a wicked motor!

Comment

Would love to hear that old nailhead cackle one day! Bet it's a wicked motor!
                          me too, well, again.... I think I was 2 the last time I heard it...

Comment

• so, the new shop supervisor is getting a handle on the expectations
                            Luigi

I'm not sure these will taste good

make with the treats

time to remove the center block

I think it's been part of the issue with maintaining good temps

the only way I could figure to clamp it

I still don't know what the sides will look like...

typical boss, sleeping on the job

Comment

• He's not sleeping, he's resting his eyes (quote from my Dad)

Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                                He's not sleeping, he's resting his eyes (quote from my Dad)

Dan
                                my dad says the same thing.... of course, Luigi gets away with it because he's far cuter.

Comment

Working...
                                X