Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    removed the last vestiges of Optima 2023.... put the wing back where it belongs

time to start considering what the front is going to look like - I don't think I'm getting enough air for cooling and adding more hp isn't going to help on that front (yes 511 ci is in sight)
    time to make the second baffle...

I'm going to fasten this differently - not sure how, yet, but it's important to get this all together

because I dug all this stuff out

Paul's C3 - its motor is about ready to come out and several bits from my C3 are going on his motor...
    my plan is to get the hard parts on the motor - though I may get dead stopped because I'm not 100% sure I have an intake gasket

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post

When you have torque and the right gearing, you don't need to shift.... just enjoy the ride!
    2nd gear. When I get this dialed in... it's going to make believers out of a lot of people....

Leave a comment:

• silver_bullet
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

yes, that way I get all the trolls upset.... totally worth it too...
    When you have torque and the right gearing, you don't need to shift.... just enjoy the ride!

Leave a comment:

• Captain
    replied

We are Just Noticing Your Driving Techniques.......
    I don't think anyone was "Trolling".......

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by Monster View Post
    That is one great looking race car. Oh, is that your arm resting on the door as you're autocrossing ?

Leave a comment:

• Monster
    replied
    That is one great looking race car. Oh, is that your arm resting on the door as you're autocrossing ?

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    and pictures of the event
    track time

start of autocross

if you look closely, I'm missing the driver's side pipe

how to go from 107 db to 130 db in one turn

I think picture explains it all... pipe hit, broke the tab off, then came off - but lord the lean, the new sway bars were supposed to be better....

end of run

basically I got a couple runs around the track, and 4 runs on the autox... then on the trailer...

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    okay... this will be mostly boring because it's a lot of A/B testing on inserts
    first, the damage

this was after beating, crushing it with a trailer jack.... but oval and twisted

and I'll say it again, if I could have gotten it on the car so it was safe... I'd have run it... I guess next time, in addition to electrical stuff, I'll take metal-working stuff?
    also, new scratches - this came from transport

this came from the pipe coming off

while I'm at it, I might as well fix paint issues - the front has a lot of chipping

and of course

ages ago, I picked these up at Summit Racing's return bin when i was in Reno...

so before we go further, let's shut down the trolls - this is how far that sidepipe was slipped over the header. You can't make this solid, otherwise it will crack the pipes due to the motor moving....

also, as a side note, need to increase some tire pressures on the front... the X they put on to check the tread wear and date

this broke... likely starting the events... but it never should have .... the weld was okay and I look for stuff like this failing... missed it, obviously,

it really annoys that the camera doesn't save in order - but hopefully I get these right... I reserve the right to amend these
    how loud was it? (all of this is at idle)
    119 db at idle

straight pipe with no insert

with cone insert 114

those who've been watching for awhile know there was a PF1 - where I bought a variety of inserts... include the very quiet, very power robbing inserts. what you see behind it is what comes out of those (not the cone). The inserts are wrapped in fiberglass so they're very restrictive.... but cut them apart, and you have inserts that might work just fine.

another view

this is what got me to 104 - it may be too restrictive

This is just with the flow-through insert... problem is it may be too restrictive too

the dual cone I tried awhile ago ... too much restriction as well at higher rpms....

next will be some testing... my neighbors are going to love me

Leave a comment:

• Monster
    replied
    ... but before that all happened... I was running quite competitively (like leading for a moment competitively)...
    That's what I'd focus on ... yeah baby !

Leave a comment:

• silver_bullet
    replied
    It's a machine.... machines fail when you least expect it...Good call, chalk it up to experience...

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    yeah, fun.... day one, event 2

spent a couple hours trying to get it to go back on.... wouldn't go on in a way that I was willing to risk other people's lives... I think what happened was I had fuel problems and the car bucked - that decoupled the pipe and it sheared off the holder then went under the wheel... took a nice gouge out of the fender too.....

and yes, that's racing, I'm disappointed but before that all happened... I was running quite competitively (like leading for a moment competitively)...

Leave a comment:

• Captain
    replied
    Have Fun.....
    Good Luck !!

And remember,
    This is to BE FUN, enjoy your Track Time !!
    You only have to Race Yourself ......
    Improve your Laps and you are the Hero.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    clean it up, load it up for Optima this next weekend

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Optima spoiler stands installed

this weekend go play in Spokane and see if I can get a final tune in on it... wish I could have found someone but whatever, it's not like it's hard

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Interesting stuff - so the Sniper falls on its face just off idle when taking off from the line. It's mostly annoying because it's a rolling start so by the time I get to the line everything is peachy. Apparently Sniper has trouble with radical cams - and the fix - is shut off the self-tuning. Drove it today, and it's not perfect but it's at least 70% better. I have a couple other things to do (like start the self-correction at 1800 rpm rather then 2000 rpm) and I need to add a bit more fuel ... and remove some fuel from tip in (along with go through the logging I did today)... but I can race it now

temps, on the other hand... it gets to about 205 and should be at 200 or even 195.... changed to a higher flow thermostat today, might put Earls in it. It's not overheating, but it's also not in control. What I did do, though, was open up a vent under the nose and that really helped with highway temps - there it stays at 184-188 (and it was 90 today when I was driving it)....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X