Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanStokes
    replied
    I have a work buddy who is seriously color blind. He has a heck of a time doing electrical even when there are different colored wires. I can't imagine why you would do this on purpose.

Dan

Leave a comment:

• langleylad
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
    This one isn't the worst, not even top 10.... I had a V8 S-10 Blazer with washer-fluid hose for fuel lines and red wiring.... he replaced all the wiring with red wiring... no piece longer than 36" but safely twisted together and hanging.... and fuses? those are for chickens.
    It amazes me how many guys will only use one color wire !

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    I am so stoked!!!!!! Just got this from OUSCA

You are good to run your car in GTV this season. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
    Thank you,
    Mike Morrison | Chief of Tech & Road Course Segment Manager

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    This one isn't the worst, not even top 10.... I had a V8 S-10 Blazer with washer-fluid hose for fuel lines and red wiring.... he replaced all the wiring with red wiring... no piece longer than 36" but safely twisted together and hanging.... and fuses? those are for chickens.

Comp Cams hp estimate. 737-777 hp and 634 torque (in both configurations)... problem was they don't have the heads on their list nor do they allow changing valve sizing to actual size.... ah well. This one is going to get dyno tuned once it's running so I can actually apple/apple compare.

Leave a comment:

• 1946Austin
    replied
    I was helping a friend who bought his '68 Nova as a non running project from a CL ad. Supposed to have been running, but seller couldn't start it, and said he'd installed 2 different alternators and it still wouldn't charge. He opened the hood, and I was shocked at what I saw for wiring there! I wish I'd taken a picture, as the number of wires, and relays, splices, connections, etc. was more than any new computer controlled car has! And the types of splices ranged from insulated butt splices, to twisted wires with tape, to wire nuts, and even crimped connectors bolted together and taped up.
    I started tracing the large #10 awg wire from the alternator, and it went to an insulated terminal block on the radiator support, then across to the driver's side, and eventually to another terminal block. It went right past the battery without connection. Then on the driver's fender another red wire started from a terminal, and went to the battery. So the alternator never had a chance to reach the battery.
    When I began stripping all the extra wiring that had nothing to do with factory wiring, I filled two paper shopping bags with everything I tore out. Then rewired the alternator to allow it to charge. Then I traced all the wires to see what worked, and what didn't. Found two wires in the bulkhead connector that weren't working, and pulling the connector and cleaning never got them to work. Instead I installed a 4 wire bulkhead connector, and swapped the two wires to that on each side and it all worked. We used the other two later for a line lock switch, and something else.
    Some people shouldn't be allowed to touch wiring on anything!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X