Plastic Fantastic tew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
    put blue locktite on short studs into floor nuts and use shoulder nuts to clamp it down...

Kinda looks like the studs will bottom out on the frame?

Comment

• By short studs, i am referring to 1 to 1 1/2 " that would replace the existing bolts that hold the slider frame to the body of the car... our storeroom used to stock long set screws with provisions for using an allen wrench for installation... when we would get in a tight spot, we would use them with shoulder nuts to make for easier alignment of the hardware and reducing the possibility of cross threading...
      Last edited by silver_bullet; July 16, 2021, 05:36 PM.
      Patrick & Tammy
      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• seats are in and I'm ready to race next weekend (woohoo)

should have gotten them shaved... I'll probably shave them
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Best of luck! Hope you get the results you've worked for.

Dan

Comment

• X2
            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• X3.... time to make some noise and have fun!
              Patrick & Tammy

Comment

• time to make the seat, shorter
                first, will I get the seat out with the top on?

yep

first seat, I did more work then I needed... it doesn't need to come apart

simply take the hog rings off the front and back - and the pad just comes right out

chop chop

gently take the cover off - it's glued to the foam but comes apart fairly easily

and mark 1" all around
                handy tool for shaping foam

slide the foam back in (this is the driver's seat)

clip back into place with hog rings then close the bottom cover

and voila, you have another 1". If you don't use the Corbeau brackets and simply weld in 1" 1/8" strips between the rails - you can save both money and gain another 1/2"
                tip is pay attention to what you're welding to

you may want to eliminate the bolt where the lever is - otherwise it holds the lever over and the seat won't lock.... and the best of all, is I now fit with my helmet (though in most cases, I'll leave the top off and run it without the rear window like a targa.... cooler and I'm not hitting the roof.... but if I have to, I can fit with the top on.

In other news, the heater line mods (changed the block to vacuum to open rather then open unless vacuum) has done wonders about keeping the interior more comfortable...

Comment

• In other news, Track Night in America is something I'm doing in August. Finally get the car out where I can wring it out... this weekend, Autox, a couple weeks later, a track night... about flippin' time.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                    In other news, Track Night in America is something I'm doing in August. Finally get the car out where I can wring it out... this weekend, Autox, a couple weeks later, a track night... about flippin' time.
                    Up in your area?

Comment

• At my height lowering the seat has not been an issue. Glad you worked it out.

Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post

Up in your area?
                        Yes - at the Ridge Motorsports in Shelton.... it's a solid 2 hour drive away, wish it was at Pacific Raceway, but I haven't seen any Track Nights there this year.... they also have a buffoon of an instructor that I've been avoiding.

Comment

• Best of luck ! Have a fun filled event!
                          Patrick & Tammy

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                            In other news, Track Night in America is something I'm doing in August. Finally get the car out where I can wring it out... this weekend, Autox, a couple weeks later, a track night... about flippin' time.

Comment

• I went, had a blast, took a friend, now he wants to set his C3 to race (the red one in this thread)....

and it is what I expected, my car is far better then me... I have much to learn - but it's a lot of fun.

Comment

• Sounds like the two of you (you and the car, I mean) got thru the weekend w/o calamity so that's a BIG win!

Dan

Comment

Working...
                                X