Plastic Fantastic tew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
    Intake stuff.... One of the worries about the current set up is it could take water in - this should solve it, might even help since there is more space for the air to turn into the motor

Just what I did on the Volvo. In fact, the blower hat looks like the same piece.

Dan

Comment

• I have had good results with K&N filters in the rain with an open scoop

Comment

• One thing I don't like about my color combo of Dakota Digital dash is it's nearly impossible to read at speed... to time for a linear display with warning light

it's a good spot, no water gets there, it's in line of sight, and it's really easy to wire.

time to construct the cold air intake

things are so screwy, it's cheaper to use 304 4" stainless tube, mirror finish then it is to use aluminum

lay out

finished

and check for clearance

another issue - I need to seal the radiator to the core support... done

in other news, I fixed the e-brake and I correctly wired the speedo. Tomorrow (hopefully) I can go do a loop with it and my '40 to set the speedometer.... it's funny, it's the little things that are most useful...
        Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; November 21, 2021, 10:11 PM.
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• it annoys me when I put the dash all back together then need to pull it apart again... the brown wire that needs to go to the blue wire is inside...

Comment

• I can relate...... I made Mutt's dash easy to remove for a reason.

Dan
            Last edited by DanStokes; November 23, 2021, 09:29 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
              I can relate...... I made Mutt's dash easy to remove for a reason.

Dan
              thankfully, it's pretty easy, but still annoying that I just had it apart

Comment

• Soooooo

I'm considering PF3. Still in planning stages but here's some general outlines
                Full custom chassis using the c5/6 front and ZL1 Camaro rear.
                68 Convertible body. 3"/4" flares (probably my own design - one that actually considers aero and integrated brake ducts for the rear)
                Also, we know that the convertibles with a hard top were the race cars - so it'll have a hardtop but no soft top (saves weight).
                632 ci motor (and this is a big maybe because that's one, tall beast)
                6 speed

With that said, using the 632 heads on a standard height block then a shorter stroke.... the GM motor retails for 37k and is 30k out the door.... that's a lot of money.

and PF2 is going nowhere but quickly around local (and national) racetracks.

Comment

• Dan

Comment

• In other news..... Optima challenge is the same but different
                    announcement
                    https://mailchi.mp/d32c3784d4c6/usca...1?e=77724350d4

it's cool because Willow Springs is now Portland International Raceway. Middle of July. Great too... well, except for one thing

DB levels.

So that noise is coming back soon.... Thankfully I have a day or two to procrastinate but I need to get my noise down ugh

Comment

In other news..... Optima challenge is the same but different
                      announcement
                      https://mailchi.mp/d32c3784d4c6/usca...1?e=77724350d4

it's cool because Willow Springs is now Portland International Raceway. Middle of July. Great too... well, except for one thing

DB levels.

So that noise is coming back soon.... Thankfully I have a day or two to procrastinate but I need to get my noise down ugh
                      Easy solution: throttle limiter

Comment

...... we know that the convertibles with a hard top were the race cars - so it'll have a hardtop but no soft top (saves weight).

wasnt that was so they could easily get a roll cage inside ?

Comment

• Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post

wasnt that was so they could easily get a roll cage inside ?
                          convertibles are lighter... granted, there won't be much that came off the GM assembly line with the proposed car..... so there is that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post

Easy solution: throttle limiter
                            Careful, we have a comedian in our midst
                            Patrick & Tammy
                            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• time to fix the lights....
                              basically it's what it is now but someone figured out the controller for C5s

Comment

• I've complained before that people take my ideas without even a thank you. That's fine, I like they did, now I can take their updates to my design and help a few around here save some dollars

C5 motors and controllers
                                they put the motor on the opposite side - which created its own issue of having to build back the part I cut out

tomorrow, wiring - my car's alternator is on the opposite side as stock - but even so the wiring needs quite a bit of mods. Shop was 26* tonight so I figure I can get more proactive heating tomorrow and perhaps have feeling in my fingers while I wire.

Comment

Working...
                                X