No announcement yet.

Plastic Fantastic tew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh this week!. Got little done except a list of what I need to get done in 12 days.

and I've added to it since this picture... pray for me, it's going to be close
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• I got twenty dollars bet on you .. so don't lemme down.

Comment

• You'll make it. Sleep is over rated.

Comment

• paint the plexi part of new spoiler black, it will look better.

Comment

• Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post
            paint the plexi part of new spoiler black, it will look better.
            Or make it out of black plastic. Aaron's car, his choice.

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post

Or make it out of black plastic. Aaron's car, his choice.
              absolutely. just making a suggestion, aesthetic wise.
              only reason i said paint is cheaper and easier than
              making a duplicate, having to line up attachment holes,
              etc....

i bet hes even got a rattlecan of black somewhere in
              his garage, dont we all? mines right next to the neon pink....
              Last edited by fatguyzinc; February 17, 2023, 07:15 PM.

Comment

paint the plexi part of new spoiler black, it will look better.
                then not be able to see at all behind me... not good. A reminder, this is temporary
                Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; February 17, 2023, 09:41 PM.

Comment

• so the list got longer.... the filter media is completely gone from the top... ordered a new top so the list is back but it's fun surprises like this... also had a couple leaks (now just one) to fix...

this progressed quickly... brief explanation - the console cover moved because it wasn't fastened down in the front... not a huge deal except that I use the phone holder - and it moving was a problem

a new brace, a couple more screws in the side, a few threaded inserts and it's solid

back together

list is shorter

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

then not be able to see at all behind me... not good. A reminder, this is temporary
                    ahso.... tint it? like a window... or leave it be.
                    just throwing crepe at the wall to see if anything
                    sticks..................

Comment

ahso.... tint it? like a window... or leave it be.
                      just throwing crepe at the wall to see if anything
                      sticks..................
                      yeah, I'm inclined to agree tinting it would help appearance alot, it's also highly functional because you'd get less blinded at night by idiots behind you.
                      "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

1985 Pontiac Fiero, 3.5 V6 turbo, 5 speed
                      1988 Suburban, 350 TBI 700r4, 4x4
                      2006 2500 HD 6.0 4x4

Comment

• Originally posted by ejs262 View Post

yeah, I'm inclined to agree tinting it would help appearance alot, it's also highly functional because you'd get less blinded at night by idiots behind you.
                        let's underscore the word "temporary" as bonus, let's go with bold

this will be on long enough for me to do the Optima Challenge. No longer. It will be removed the moment I get back from California and won't go back until Portland then off, then, if invited, at Las Vegas. Otherwise, that big, stupid wing goes back on because it works.

the entire point of it is function. tint doesn't make it faster. Tint makes seeing behind me harder - and since the point here is aero on an open track as well... well... it's clear.
                        Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; February 19, 2023, 09:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

let's underscore the word "temporary" as bonus, let's go with bold

this will be on long enough for me to do the Optima Challenge. No longer. It will be removed the moment I get back from California and won't go back until Portland then off, then, if invited, at Las Vegas. Otherwise, that big, stupid wing goes back on because it works.

the entire point of it is function. tint doesn't make it faster. Tint makes seeing behind me harder - and since the point here is aero on an open track as well... well... it's clear.
                          I think you should have made it out of a platinum/titanium investment casting. A simple CNC program could then refine it. (they don't listen.....)

Comment

• Just a couple things left to wrap up. but first...
                            brake bolts needed tightening and fresh thread lock (blue)

air ducts too

stupid horn relays... it's new, it's junk

tomorrow, hopefully, the air cleaner will come and I can do that along with verify the tune (make sure the TPS is right, that the IAC is working - remarkably, it has been, and fine tune the various a/f ratios along with timing).... then i goes into the trailer for a week.

thinking it looks pretty good... not front page BS good, but good enough for the likes of me
                            Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; February 19, 2023, 10:11 PM.

Comment

• Nothing but the Optima Stickers left.......
                              those will add a extra100+ mph of KOOL !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain View Post
                                Nothing but the Optima Stickers left.......
                                those will add a extra100+ mph of KOOL !!
                                True, they've certainly made my forklift faster.

Comment

Working...
                                X