X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by Loren View Post

With the knowledge and experience you've picked up to add to basic fab skills it would be cool to see things brought up to the next notch, whatever that may be. Imagine something that pissed you off racing and how to step on it next time. That tig welder wants you to love it more...
    mfain's build
    I've been missing in action for a couple of years tracking an ACR and a Focus - got that out of my system. I'm not getting any younger so I decided I better get serious about finishing my old 56 Corvette track car that I have been "modifying" since 1975. I sold a couple of my old Corvettes for...

Leave a comment:

• Loren
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
    today's announcement - which I'll follow up in 3 or so months when it all comes to pass

I bought PF3. A 68 C3 - or rather, a C3 tub and doors. I'm going to build a frame which copies PF2, then flare it like before. Not sure whether it will be BB powered or not - the 'next' BB I'm building will likely land in PF2.... I might see about building something like what mfain built for his 56...
    With the knowledge and experience you've picked up to add to basic fab skills it would be cool to see things brought up to the next notch, whatever that may be. Imagine something that pissed you off racing and how to step on it next time. That tig welder wants you to love it more...

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
    I know this is gonna sound stupid, but could you put a pressure reducing piece at the rack so it would only reduce pressure to the rack itself?
    no, the PS box is the second in the daisy chain. I tried to find a pressure reducer that I could install on the box (or in this case rack) but came up empty.

Leave a comment:

• silver_bullet
    replied
    I know this is gonna sound stupid, but could you put a pressure reducing piece at the rack so it would only reduce pressure to the rack itself?

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    saving this for later. I blew yet another rack seal - I'm putting a pressure reducer in the pump but that will affect my hydroboost brakes... which leads me to consider simply making the rack manual

Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; April 5, 2023, 10:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Monster
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
    I bought PF3. A 68 C3 tub and doors. I'm going to build a frame which copies PF2, then flare it like before. Not sure whether it will be BB powered or not

the 'next' BB I'm building will likely land in PF2.... I might see about building something like what mfain built for his 56...
    Hmm, not sure which project I wanna see more ...

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    today's announcement - which I'll follow up in 3 or so months when it all comes to pass

I bought PF3. A 68 C3 - or rather, a C3 tub and doors. I'm going to build a frame which copies PF2, then flare it like before. Not sure whether it will be BB powered or not - the 'next' BB I'm building will likely land in PF2.... I might see about building something like what mfain built for his 56...

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    the oil pan for the dry sump arrived...

for the sharp eyes, yes, it's a boat pan.... but this will work well.

Leave a comment:

• Captain
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	CS482005_preview.webp
Views:	125
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	1334965

BTW abother photo from Motor trend!

Name:	image.png
Views:	174
Size:	516.1 KB
ID:	1334637

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    drove the Corvette today - was acting like it had a vacuum leak..
    it was

this stupid throttle cable holder... it had moved back and forth - thus loosening the bolt on the back corner of the efi. Add to all of this that it removed about 10% of throttle opening... stupid little things. Ah well, temporaried again, but looking for a solution. I had a different throttle cable holder before but it doesn't fit on the Sniper...

Leave a comment:

• silver_bullet
    replied
    Although that idea piques interest, we will probably still be busy as our son, Sean (AMeanXtreme), is getting married to Kim a week prior to that show! Have Fun and you are welcome to our servings of watermelon!

Leave a comment:

• Captain
    replied
    All in good fun.... Captain is from the cheese mines of the great white north... and, as all of you are, Friends.... you know what they say about friends...."You can pick your friends, but, not your family and I have lucked out on both!
    I will "Clue You In" on the "Family Reunion" that Aunt Lillian has said she is bringing the Watermelon!
    (It has a Little Zip in it's DoDa)

Bring Lawn Chairs, meet the Rest of the Family
    "The Coloma Car Show and Chicken Chew"
    June 24th.

Leave a comment:

• silver_bullet
    replied
    All in good fun.... Captain is from the cheese mines of the great white north... and, as all of you are, Friends.... you know what they say about friends...."You can pick your friends, but, not your family and I have lucked out on both!

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied

Wait a damned minute..... My family operates dairy farms and my brother and I both hauled bulk milk and in our younger days our entire family worked at the cheese factory across the street from our family home.... This damned milkman you speak of is us!
    .... while it's nice to have admission, the fact still remains. Captain, meet dad.
    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; March 24, 2023, 09:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• silver_bullet
    replied
    Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post

So Patrick - are you bragging about conquests in your youth?
    NO...Not hardly.... I ain't that old!

BTW abother photo from Motor trend!

Name:	image.png
Views:	174
Size:	516.1 KB
ID:	1334637

Leave a comment:

Working...
X