Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• silver_bullet
    replied
    IIRC DF claims to have invented ceramic boots when he worked for Jacobs Electronics back in the day....
    Last edited by silver_bullet; April 11, 2023, 10:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    nice thing about ceramic boots.... they never burn.

Leave a comment:

• fatguyzinc
    replied
    i used taylor wires spiro pro ( glo pink) 135 degree set for 454 on my old vette, fit perfect with hedman 2" primary headers....
    you can see here the yellow one how close and compact the end is.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    time to do the maintenance and stuff to get ready for the rest of the season
    as mentioned before, the rack is leaking... I have a 'new' 'lifetime warranty' one.

someday soon I'm going to make my 'spare' rack manual. I may also come up with another solution for the brake assist and ditch the hydroboost*
    when I built the car, I verified I could pull the rack out from the driver's side... when I do the frame for PF3, this will happen too

volume reducer

the other thing I MUST fix is this rub. This is the 3rd time and there won't be a 4... so welding is going to happen

*I like the hydroboost, but I don't like the leaks and I'm concerned that the current 'fix' for the rack (reduce pressure and volume) will negatively affect braking. Right now it's absolutely perfect.... by reducing volume and pressure by 30%... tune in for updates.

Leave a comment:

• Monster
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
    mfain's build
    Well, that took me on a wild ride for a few hours. Amazing stuff.

I was going to do an all aluminum 427 SBC for my C2, until I added up the costs.

Leave a comment:

• ejs262
    replied
    the oil pan for the dry sump arrived...

for the sharp eyes, yes, it's a boat pan.... but this will work well.
    I seriously considered dry sumping my POS Fiero, my budget won the argument... lol! that's going to be rad!

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by Loren View Post

With the knowledge and experience you've picked up to add to basic fab skills it would be cool to see things brought up to the next notch, whatever that may be. Imagine something that pissed you off racing and how to step on it next time. That tig welder wants you to love it more...
    mfain's build
    I've been missing in action for a couple of years tracking an ACR and a Focus - got that out of my system. I'm not getting any younger so I decided I better get serious about finishing my old 56 Corvette track car that I have been "modifying" since 1975. I sold a couple of my old Corvettes for...

Leave a comment:

• Loren
    replied
    today's announcement - which I'll follow up in 3 or so months when it all comes to pass

I bought PF3. A 68 C3 - or rather, a C3 tub and doors. I'm going to build a frame which copies PF2, then flare it like before. Not sure whether it will be BB powered or not - the 'next' BB I'm building will likely land in PF2.... I might see about building something like what mfain built for his 56...
    With the knowledge and experience you've picked up to add to basic fab skills it would be cool to see things brought up to the next notch, whatever that may be. Imagine something that pissed you off racing and how to step on it next time. That tig welder wants you to love it more...

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
    I know this is gonna sound stupid, but could you put a pressure reducing piece at the rack so it would only reduce pressure to the rack itself?
    no, the PS box is the second in the daisy chain. I tried to find a pressure reducer that I could install on the box (or in this case rack) but came up empty.

Leave a comment:

• silver_bullet
    replied
    I know this is gonna sound stupid, but could you put a pressure reducing piece at the rack so it would only reduce pressure to the rack itself?

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    saving this for later. I blew yet another rack seal - I'm putting a pressure reducer in the pump but that will affect my hydroboost brakes... which leads me to consider simply making the rack manual

Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; April 5, 2023, 10:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Monster
    replied
    I bought PF3. A 68 C3 tub and doors. I'm going to build a frame which copies PF2, then flare it like before. Not sure whether it will be BB powered or not

the 'next' BB I'm building will likely land in PF2.... I might see about building something like what mfain built for his 56...
    Hmm, not sure which project I wanna see more ...

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    today's announcement - which I'll follow up in 3 or so months when it all comes to pass

I bought PF3. A 68 C3 - or rather, a C3 tub and doors. I'm going to build a frame which copies PF2, then flare it like before. Not sure whether it will be BB powered or not - the 'next' BB I'm building will likely land in PF2.... I might see about building something like what mfain built for his 56...

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    the oil pan for the dry sump arrived...

for the sharp eyes, yes, it's a boat pan.... but this will work well.

Leave a comment:

• Captain
    replied
    Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
    Click image for larger version

Name:	CS482005_preview.webp
Views:	126
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	1334965

BTW abother photo from Motor trend!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png