X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have fun.
    stay upright

Comment

• well, I made it.... nothing to report... but I did make it and the drive was pretty easy (thankyou Lord)
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• thats just PHAAAAAABULOUS......

Comment

• Now..."Its Race Time" !!!

Party On !!

Comment

• it arrived

and put the old wing back on

did an oil change

oil looked okay and the spark plugs showed a touch rich and that I might be able to add a degree of timing... but at this point, it's safe so since I'm changing the entire fuel and spark system next.... I'll leave it for now.
            I'm pretty close to doing the port EFI swap. Need a few parts, order them tomorrow.

Comment

• Nice shot!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	87
Size:	496.4 KB
ID:	1333950
              Patrick & Tammy
              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                Nice shot!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	87
Size:	496.4 KB
ID:	1333950
                Don't tell the powers that be at Optima. Not one picture of my car on the track, autocross, or brake challenge... seems they're not as thorough as they think they are.

Comment

• Maybe they are like the car magazines , they always hated to shoot black cars . I think they thought it was a waste of color film . But I always thought they were worth it .
                  Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
                    Maybe they are like the car magazines , they always hated to shoot black cars . I think they thought it was a waste of color film . But I always thought they were worth it .
                    Nothing we do here gets on the front page of BS, so why would they get a national view? point is, they have lots of choices - when I was doing the brake challenge, I matted the throttle - enjoyed the amazing sound a BBC makes at 7000 rpm, did my launch and remembered why, exactly, I built the car. They don't like it? F*** em

Comment

• Time to clean up the shop....

yes, I can get another project in there

street tires off

and get the racing tires back on it

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                        I'm pretty close to doing the port EFI swap. Need a few parts, order them tomorrow.

i thought you went through every fuel injection system on the market,
                        and none of them could be made to work satisfactory so you went back
                        to carbs....no? am i "remembering" wrong, or am i just plain retarded.....

Comment

• Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post

i thought you went through every fuel injection system on the market,
                          and none of them could be made to work satisfactory so you went back
                          to carbs....no? am i "remembering" wrong, or am i just plain retarded.....
                          I figure since none of them work like I wish - I'll just use all the manufacturers at once... that'll work as well as they do individually... I think the question of sanity is one best left for others because none of it really makes sense.
                          And yes, I've used all of them. The sniper works fine but it's too tall - this set up gains me 3" of hood clearance. and a much better potential for air flow. But if you go way back, my original plan was a carb.

and the original, original plan was a motor that spanks LS motors... which it is doing but can do better
                          Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; March 12, 2023, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Nothing we do here gets on the front page of BS, so why would they get a national view? point is, they have lots of choices - when I was doing the brake challenge, I matted the throttle - enjoyed the amazing sound a BBC makes at 7000 rpm, did my launch and remembered why, exactly, I built the car. They don't like it? F*** em
                            This is where I found the Photo:

Patrick & Tammy
                            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Should have built square exhaust?

Comment

• Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post

Should have built square exhaust?
                                a classic still waiting for that article proving me wrong.... I'm sure he's still working on it.
                                Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; March 13, 2023, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X