X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fancy things

good grief do they wrap this well

and the throttle body

good to 850 hp - calculated I needed 58 lb injectors, these are 72 - or 20% more...

Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Again,
      Racing......
      "Nothing GOES Faster than the MONEY!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain View Post
        Again,
        Racing......
        "Nothing GOES Faster than the MONEY!"
        Why is this important? it's a hobby. Hobbies cost money.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
          fancy things

good grief do they wrap this well

and the throttle body

good to 850 hp - calculated I needed 58 lb injectors, these are 72 - or 20% more...
          Going DIS?
          Patrick & Tammy
          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post

Going DIS?
            coil on plug....

Comment

• so decision time.
              not this, I needed to update seat belts so I bought the twist to unlock rather then the latch.... everyone, and I mean everyone - no matter their ability on the autox course could not easily figure out how to latch... fine, I'll dumb it down.

but that's not the decision.
              I have 99% of the pieces for the port EFI/COP system. I have another Optima event in mid-July. I need to run a few autox events before but the first won't be before mid-May. Should I pull it apart and do the upgrade? it runs now. is basically ready to go.

Comment

• Yep, tough call. Considering that if you tear it down to run EFI, you may not get it working satisfactorily before race day, so I'll ask a question:

Do you enjoy wrenching or racing more ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Monster View Post
                  Yep, tough call. Considering that if you tear it down to run EFI, you may not get it working satisfactorily before race day, so I'll ask a question:

my man speaks the truth.... this is always a hard call. its REALLY hard
                  (hey--thats what she said!) to justify putting down a running driving car.....
                  its basically why the '48 chevy still has a M2 front stub rather than a
                  straight axle like the 55.....................
                  Last edited by fatguyzinc; March 21, 2023, 10:19 AM.

Comment

• Swap to the Efi only if you can install it ,work the bugs out of it , and refine the tuning before you are asking it to not go lean on track and end your day or season .
                    I would hazard a guess that you need to redo the tank pickup and such for the higher psi efi.
                    Do you have spares of the efi parts?

Comment

• Originally posted by 2020 mustang View Post
                      Swap to the Efi only if you can install it ,work the bugs out of it , and refine the tuning before you are asking it to not go lean on track and end your day or season .
                      I would hazard a guess that you need to redo the tank pickup and such for the higher psi efi.
                      Do you have spares of the efi parts?
                      not swapping to EFI. Swapping to a different EFI... pump in the tank is already capable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Monster View Post
                        Yep, tough call. Considering that if you tear it down to run EFI, you may not get it working satisfactorily before race day, so I'll ask a question:

wrenching... not kidding at all. Racing is a blast, but I get more enjoyment from building.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

wrenching... not kidding at all. Racing is a blast, but I get more enjoyment from building.
                          i will pay for your round trip flight, plus provide food, free room and board...
                          . come finish all my projects for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post

i will pay for your round trip flight, plus provide food, free room and board...
                            . He'll need more than a BFH. MAYBE SHIP the projects to him.

Comment

• Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post

Sure, right after I'm done with mine.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2020 mustang View Post

. He'll need more than a BFH. MAYBE SHIP the projects to him.
                                he proclaims this yet he knows that I'll put nothing but 700r4s and Super t-10s in all his junk. Probably even a mod motor for good measure - and even if not a Ford motor, nothing but 6.2 NA diesels.
                                Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; March 22, 2023, 07:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X