Plastic Fantastic tew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

he proclaims this yet he knows that I'll put nothing but 700r4s and Super t-10s in all his junk. Probably even a mod motor for good measure - and even if not a Ford motor, nothing but 6.2 NA diesels.
    Well, it help clean out under the benches in the shop, eh.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2020 mustang View Post

Well, it help clean out under the benches in the shop, eh.
      I'm already sending him my scrap... so this fits well.
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• i see we are having a sausage fest at the fat guys expense.....
        come on, ill still 'stupervise', so no 700R4s or T-10s are going
        anywhere near my stuff.

Comment

• Chevy or Chevrolet........
          It's all in How you Say It !....Ya, eh...........
          Last edited by Captain; March 23, 2023, 05:38 AM.

Comment

Why is this important? it's a hobby. Hobbies cost money.
            That’s right , it’s a hobby . I love it when non-car guys say “you’ll never get your money back when you sell it “ . I personally don’t know of any golf course or fishing lake that’ll give you any money back when you’re all done. Or “wow , you’ve spent a lot of money in tools “ , ya I have so I can fix my own junk so I don’t have to pay someone else to fix it. I may buy a special tool to do the job but I now have it for life . 47 years ago I bought a heavy duty floor jack , I just replaced it . Rant over

Comment

• Originally posted by langleylad View Post

That’s right , it’s a hobby . I love it when non-car guys say “you’ll never get your money back when you sell it “ . I personally don’t know of any golf course or fishing lake that’ll give you any money back when you’re all done. Or “wow , you’ve spent a lot of money in tools “ , ya I have so I can fix my own junk so I don’t have to pay someone else to fix it. I may buy a special tool to do the job but I now have it for life . 47 years ago I bought a heavy duty floor jack , I just replaced it . Rant over
              p

Yup, as long as you are having fun.
              there IS value in the enjoyment.You might not get it back at resale but in memories and frriendships along the way.

Comment

• Tell me how you save money by buying a boat and fishing gear and licenses and..... so you don't have to buy fish. Or weapons, a blind, again license, etc. so you don't have to buy meat. Not thinking very many folks come out $$ ahead on any of these deals. So we do what we do for fun and the challenge of it. I don't want to know what $$ I have in tools.....

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                  Tell me how you save money by buying a boat and fishing gear and licenses and..... so you don't have to buy fish. Or weapons, a blind, again license, etc. so you don't have to buy meat. Not thinking very many folks come out $$ ahead on any of these deals. So we do what we do for fun and the challenge of it. I don't want to know what $$ I have in tools.....
                  Wife complains about the cost of food, then gardens and well. Tbe vegetables at the store are far cheaper but she enjoys gardening .
                  people only understand what THEY ,enjoy and see things they don't as a waste.
                  The circle of life.

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                    Tell me how you save money by buying a boat and fishing gear and licenses and..... so you don't have to buy fish. Or weapons, a blind, again license, etc. so you don't have to buy meat. Not thinking very many folks come out $$ ahead on any of these deals. So we do what we do for fun and the challenge of it. I don't want to know what $$ I have in tools.....
                    IF it was only about saving 'money' then you're absolutely right - but the notion that things will continue as they have in the past 60 or so years is something many aren't confident will occur. Being able to be self-sufficient is far more then avoiding Safeway....

Comment

Wife complains about the cost of food, then gardens and well. Tbe vegetables at the store are far cheaper but she enjoys gardening .
                      people only understand what THEY ,enjoy and see things they don't as a waste.
                      The circle of life.
                      There are reasons for this.... We do a small garden, because it is for what we like that is not readily available and the tomatoes, onions, and peppers we grow far exceed the dollar value we spend on them.... as far as the garage goes, it is a hobby that keeps me out of trouble, and, allows us to save money on everything we maintain by being self sufficient on many things.... I.E. neighbor has replaced his mower every 2-3 years where I have bought 2 in 30 years... the old one still is a standby and is in dry storage. same goes for snow removal equipment... have a 79 Gilson two stage snow thrower that i got 28 years ago, and still works as well. we are the original recyclers, we keep things running that are "obsolete" by reusing and repurposing everything. the only things we dispose of are filters and soft wear components...
                      Patrick & Tammy
                      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• I'm with Silver Bullet......on most of his post.
                        I too have 2 Wheelhorse garden tractors here, and one for my Dad at his place Up North. But mine are for minor yard duty.
                        At the price of a new Quality Mower, it is cheaper to hire it out, and I have 2+ hours each week to do something I Like !

And yes I am just short of a Horder on Vehicle Parts,
                        And I Too have as we used to call some Items, "Parrishables"
                        Like Filters, Belts, Hoses.
                        But I stock up on those Too when on sale !!

Silver Bullet......sounds like you could be my
                        Father's Other Son ?!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain View Post

Silver Bullet......sounds like you could be my
                          Father's Other Son ?!!!
                          He does look like the milkman

Comment

• Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post

There are reasons for this.... We do a small garden, because it is for what we like that is not readily available and the tomatoes, onions, and peppers we grow far exceed the dollar value we spend on them.... as far as the garage goes, it is a hobby that keeps me out of trouble, and, allows us to save money on everything we maintain by being self sufficient on many things.... I.E. neighbor has replaced his mower every 2-3 years where I have bought 2 in 30 years... the old one still is a standby and is in dry storage. same goes for snow removal equipment... have a 79 Gilson two stage snow thrower that i got 28 years ago, and still works as well. we are the original recyclers, we keep things running that are "obsolete" by reusing and repurposing everything. the only things we dispose of are filters and soft wear components...
                            Problem we ,I should say she, my wife has is the rabbits, deer and such eating the plants before they are much more than just a green stem coming out of the dirt.
                            I think she got 2 tomatoes and 6 green beans ,2 carrots. The animals got everything else . She did not find it as funny as I did.
                            Last edited by 2020 mustang; March 24, 2023, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Problem we ,I should say she, my wife has is the rabbits, deer and such eating the plants before they are much more than just a green stem coming out of the dirt.
                              I think she got 2 tomatoes and 6 green beans ,2 carrots. The animals got everything else . She did not find it as funny as I did.
                              I've found that is a good way to increase my pneumatic powered home protection device collection.

Comment

He does look like the milkman
                                Wait a damned minute..... My family operates dairy farms and my brother and I both hauled bulk milk and in our younger days our entire family worked at the cheese factory across the street from our family home.... This damned milkman you speak of is us!
                                Patrick & Tammy
                                - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Working...
                                X