Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
    Safety equipment...
    When I started and the kid later, we built pretty stout bars/cages.. heavy and safe.
    started breaking trannys and rears.
    Had to lighten up. Yet still be safe when taking/giving poundings
    So yes.. there is too much safety..
    this is mostly a harness bar.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• So today.... was supposed to Ax but it wouldn't stop rain and when it did stop raining, the thunder came rolling in. I need the practice but I'd rather not die - so did some side work
      like my spoiler
      when I went airborne at Thunderhill, I tweaked the front spoiler - it fell off when I rolled it back out of the trailer after the trip

so glue, clamp

rivet

then put a backer piece and reattach to the car

Comment

• going to attempt another race this weekend... of course, brakes would be nice in the tow rig

Comment

• did go play but I'm finally ready to go. Car is pretty much done and the motorhome is ready to go again. It wouldn't be me if it was completely done but it's close.
          this was the 'final' thing, 5th point for the harness for the passenger seat

still waiting on a different bracket for the spoiler - but that really is pretty much it. Just need to drive it - which is my plan for the next few weeks.

Comment

• Finally found a shop to do the alignment on my C3. I know, I should just go to Firestone, they'll have no trouble with this.... HA

so explanation.... the cams do NOT stay in place when you drive in a spirted manner... they will now

I'd replace that arm with something aftermarket but the aftermarket, strangely, doesn't have an arm for a retrofitted Camaro rear suspension in a C3 with coilovers.... sarcasm aside, coil overs aren't really something does with 5th gen Camaros, thus any arm expects you to use the struts.... which are not coilovers... so a bit of a tack and it'll stay now.

Comment

• Looks Cool ....
              Your Frankenstein C3 has Multiple Transplanted Parts,
              That are Learning to Work together.

Good Work Doctor.

Click image for larger version

Name:	young_frankenstein_by_arthur_ramsey_d8s8mq2-fullview.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	1337235

Comment

• it's here, well, it's been here for a week - but last week was busy - so finally got around to pictures...
                1968 Corvette it's rougher then I thought it'd be.... but I bought it for the manual innards and the rear window surround (74 up don't have removeable rear windows, this lets me adapt that to my 76)... I'm still considering what I said before - PF4 - but whether this is the car that I start with... it may become a couch
                so here we go

this is a clue about why this car is like this... that rod is normally straight - it has other signs it hit something in the front pretty hard

weirdness is the windshield frame looks okay

yet if you look at the roof bar - it rusted apart at the targa

don't care, I got the manual insides I wanted and I have 4 door shells.... and a billion other parts like manual pedals

anyway, next up is get it out and stored (thinking above the bathroom) but for now I need it out because racing

Comment

• Or after sitting around for 8-10 years.......
                  YOU can Start a MAD MAX Build Too.

Comment

• i still got a set of manual roll up window assemblies for a c3 if you want em....
                    not the door itself or the glass, but all the guts..............

Comment

• Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post
                      i still got a set of manual roll up window assemblies for a c3 if you want em....
                      not the door itself or the glass, but all the guts..............
                      sweet offer, but I have all I can foreseeably need.... though building a project by starting with the window mechanism wouldn't be the worse thing I've done

check your messages.

Comment

• Interesting stuff - so the Sniper falls on its face just off idle when taking off from the line. It's mostly annoying because it's a rolling start so by the time I get to the line everything is peachy. Apparently Sniper has trouble with radical cams - and the fix - is shut off the self-tuning. Drove it today, and it's not perfect but it's at least 70% better. I have a couple other things to do (like start the self-correction at 1800 rpm rather then 2000 rpm) and I need to add a bit more fuel ... and remove some fuel from tip in (along with go through the logging I did today)... but I can race it now

temps, on the other hand... it gets to about 205 and should be at 200 or even 195.... changed to a higher flow thermostat today, might put Earls in it. It's not overheating, but it's also not in control. What I did do, though, was open up a vent under the nose and that really helped with highway temps - there it stays at 184-188 (and it was 90 today when I was driving it)....

Comment

• Optima spoiler stands installed

this weekend go play in Spokane and see if I can get a final tune in on it... wish I could have found someone but whatever, it's not like it's hard

Comment

• clean it up, load it up for Optima this next weekend

Comment

• Have Fun.....
                              Good Luck !!

And remember,
                              This is to BE FUN, enjoy your Track Time !!
                              You only have to Race Yourself ......
                              Improve your Laps and you are the Hero.

Comment

• yeah, fun.... day one, event 2

spent a couple hours trying to get it to go back on.... wouldn't go on in a way that I was willing to risk other people's lives... I think what happened was I had fuel problems and the car bucked - that decoupled the pipe and it sheared off the holder then went under the wheel... took a nice gouge out of the fender too.....

and yes, that's racing, I'm disappointed but before that all happened... I was running quite competitively (like leading for a moment competitively)...

Comment

Working...
                                X