Plastic Fantastic tew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

how are the pictures coming of your projects?
    No updates , so no photo's. Some work Full time plus a part time gig, and sadly don't have the free time to play with their hobby.
    It is why I bought the New Mustang. It keeps the need for speed fix under control till I can get to the hobby vehicles.
    I made the mistake of offering to help a life long friend with his new business and it is turned into a 30 hour plus a week part time 2nd job.
    All, I get to do is order parts ATM and look at them, start them every few days.
    I just don't see why anyone gets bent out of shape over a tv show.
    No idea how you are able to get as much or more done than Dan, he is retired, Are you?
    Last edited by 2020 mustang; January 7, 2024, 12:09 AM.

Comment

*rant ON*
      watching Hot Rod Garage with Lucky and that chick (oh I'm going to get worse, just hold your hate). They have 3, count them, 3 days to complete a trans swap, front differential swap, and completely rewire the car with Holley Terminator X. This is Fast N Furious level BS.

3 days. what is that, dog years?

*rant OFF*

and her name is Alex and I also think she is a great swap from whatever that guy was before her.

but seriously. I've only seen that level of lie in Bill Clinton - apparently, HRG said 'here, hold my teleprompter'
      Glad you appreciate my Dark Humor !

You know it's the Little Things that will mess you up.
      It's Not the Mountains that challenge a Journey..... it's the Sand in your Shoes that wears you down.
      I know you will be Race Ready. Your commitment to excellence is evident.

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain View Post

Glad you appreciate my Dark Humor !

You know it's the Little Things that will mess you up.
        It's Not the Mountains that challenge a Journey..... it's the Sand in your Shoes that wears you down.
        I know you will be Race Ready. Your commitment to excellence is evident.
        it comes from getting dead tired of breaking
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Put the hood on today - to be sure I found problems before I fully committed to solutions.... hood space is as expected

throttle cable clears (barely)

oh and a few surprises - it's no surprise I'm voiding warranties

this is the trans cooler installed in the tank

took a bit of chopping to get it out

however once I did my chopping I found something interesting.... notice anything missing here?

if you said "shouldn't that transmission cooler have some way of keeping the coolant out of that tube.... you'd be spot on. Can you imagine the poor saps who bought these things, installed them, then found coolant in their transmission and their cooling system full of ATF?

so I have to take back my concern about that tube blocking most of the tank... it doesn't.... lol. Chinesium at its finest.

Comment

• Patrick & Tammy
            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

.... lol. Chinesium at its finest.

theres also taiwanesium, and mexitanium....

Comment

• Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post

theres also taiwanesium, and mexitanium....
                some of the stock welds on a C3 Corvette make them look like subject matter experts...

but in this case, I'm not sure I'm against a device that deletes automatics.....

Comment

• In tonight's conundrum - why would a pressure sensor work when it's not attached to the fuel rail but show an error when connected?

Adding to the fun. Okay, stepping back, new company, new product and based in Australia.... I have questions so got stopped almost instantly

hopefully tomorrow I'll have answers and it'll be full go again.

Comment

• Patrick & Tammy
                    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Been an exciting day.... 75 mph winds, power outages... but I did get a brown santa visit
                      I need to tie the upper a-arms together... these will make the bit removeable.

and hoses, extras because closeout pricing

and some intake piping that I may not use...

and the piece de coolant....

will require some rearranging, but should work well
                      still waiting on a couple parts that won't be here earlier then Friday (did I ever mention my dislike of FedEx?)

Comment

• two envisionings tonight. Hmm... spellchk doesn't like that
                        First.. where to put the reservoir

need to make a hole

here it will be

then onto the radiator - more specifically, the air intake

move it 30* then it works just fine

still don't know what air cleaner, so this is back in play

Comment

• Really appreciate Team Plus - did a zoom call with him to figure out some programming issues. Zoom call with someone in Australia.
                          so once the programming was done, clean spots to glue the sensors in place...

test

then not use those spots... and run the power wire inside.

pretty sure I'll glue them in place then seal the holes... I could make them removeable but putting a screw on top of a tire just seems dumb

then envisioning for the reservoir

not a lot of spare room. I still have to put a breather in place

in other news, I'm still waiting for several parts - and Sunday will be quite booked

Comment

• forgot to mention - the problem I had with updating the turtles for the Team Plus sensors was I needed to update my USB driver.... I hate computers

Comment

• onward.
                              just need to plug a few things and attach a couple things...

after a lot of in and out.... this is what I came up with

weld a bit, attach a few bits

need to finish the cap then pressure test... then everything else

Comment

• today was more of the same
                                finish weld

then leak check...

doesn't leak, and I didn't even have to break out the epoxy....

Comment

Working...
                                X