No announcement yet.

Plastic Fantastic tew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• part of yesterday was remove the doors from the 68 shell... I need a part out of one, but that wasn't the reason I took them off
    if that hole looks like a trailer hit it.... 100 mph winds move trailers... go figure

other door... the reason for removal was more to get the crank windows out of the doors... I'll sell what's left once I've done the swap

love the epoxy, for those who forgot, total boat sells a powder you can mix into resin to make a bonding agent

then sculpt the spoiler with bondo.... may get this 3d printed too
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• onward... primer

then paint

more paint

installed....

admire

build filler

Comment

• continuing from yesterday, I had to make a blanking plate so the air is forced through the radiator

this is me being lazy... I have a press brake that could put a nice kink in the metal to get the curve needed... or a BFH. The BFH, in its defense, was more fun

installed...

and what it looks like now

still need to put braces on it because it does flex a bit then, maybe, canards.... but for now, I have to finish on the gas tank then tuning, oh and door latch....

Comment

• now where was I before I was so rudely updated? presume I've been tuning.... but how, exactly, do you take a picture of a tune? fun aside on this motor, more fuel=better running....
          and now, bodywork....

minor war wounds getting fixed - basically, get loose stuff off, cut a few cross cuts in the place then use VBA (vette bonding adhesive) as both filler and repair

same story, verse 2

this one, no idea how it happened

Don, hard at work

bit of glaze over the top

then spot prime

hopefully I'll get this painted this week or weekend...

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
            now where was I before I was so rudely updated?

Comment

• sprung an oil leak

right there on the clamp

there really shouldn't be that much oil on the outside of the shaft but here we are

and then spent the rest of the evening retiming it - not quite as simple as a distributor.

Comment

• hood off because easier to paint and easier to get a colormatch

Comment

• while the hood is off, time to fix a belt alignment issue

the lesson in all of this is chinese parts are terrible

the biggest issue was the distance across the pump was wrong - so it pinched and misaligned pretty much everything....ah well, a few washers and it's back in business

Comment

• time to get ready to paint

it's been kind of a long week - then I spent time teaching noobs how to color sand....

I'm exhausted now.

Comment

• more sanding

and more

Comment

• it's almost ready to get some paint

need to just remove the rear reflector and tape it up.... tomorrow

then roll it out, inflate the booth, clean it, then shoot it. Weather is supposed to cooperate this week (crossing fingers)

Comment

• Nice update . I'd be heartbroken to have to repaint already . But that paint lives a dangerous life . Your a real hero for knowing the dangers and painting it shiney black anyway !
                          Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
                            Nice update . I'd be heartbroken to have to repaint already . But that paint lives a dangerous life . Your a real hero for knowing the dangers and painting it shiney black anyway !
                            my biggest mistake was having a 'pro' shoot it. I spent the evening sanding down one of the countless runs in the paint. Point is, it was pretty terrible to begin with - and the hardest part is not saying "screw it, I'm going to fix it"

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

my biggest mistake was having a 'pro' shoot it. I spent the evening sanding down one of the countless runs in the paint. Point is, it was pretty terrible to begin with - and the hardest part is not saying "screw it, I'm going to fix it"
                              I can relate. At least if they're my runs I didn't pay for them. But "my guy" Harry is pretty good for the price and he has a booth. We already discussed my booth envy.

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post

I can relate. At least if they're my runs I didn't pay for them. But "my guy" Harry is pretty good for the price and he has a booth. We already discussed my BOUNCE HOUSE envy.

there, i fixed it for you......

Comment

Working...
                                X