No announcement yet.

Plastic Fantastic tew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so first 'fun' was sanding a run on the inside of the scoop.... blanking amateur painter (and I hope that JA is still following this)

borrowed the go-jack to make this easier to sand

and now we're getting there

as I mentioned yesterday.. this is a 'good enough' paint job. IF I ever use another body shop, I'll be 100% more thorough when I pick up the car.... really, I'm as mad at them as I am at myself for accepting the crap work.... and still, it's a race car - who knows, maybe the next fix will be a nose or tail after I run out of talent.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post

there, i fixed it for you......
      Either way. Harry's is made out of building materials.

Comment

• back into the booth
        now shiney

not bad color match either

Comment

• needs rainbow flake in the clear... hey, im from hawaii. we love rainbows here.
          at least we used to before it was taken over as a symbol by... nevermind.
          no politics. personally i love a splash of obnoxious color....and i bet all the
          guys with cars costing 2-10 times as much as yours would REALLY hate
          you then. see? win/win/win!

Comment

• Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post
            needs rainbow flake in the clear... hey, im from hawaii. we love rainbows here.
            at least we used to before it was taken over as a symbol by... nevermind.
            no politics. personally i love a splash of obnoxious color....and i bet all the
            guys with cars costing 2-10 times as much as yours would REALLY hate
            you then. see? win/win/win!

given the level of hate I already get from the Optima judges - it'd just be background noise.
            and let's color that - dead f***ing last, 4x running. I lose to stock Teslas....

Comment

• 100%
              Patrick & Tammy
              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• The amount of character that PF2 has, knows no bounds.

Comment

• Quick update time... front shop
                  Lots has been happening, but not much filming.

Comment

• lots of color sanding

did not work well, think I'm going to matte clear the center or even most of the hood (which solves a glare problem) as fix.

of course, that means waiting another 3 weeks before I paint to avoid lifting

Comment

• reassembly

Comment

• envisioning tape

3 stripes?

where to end the flat paint

or

and just thinkin' I will flat the hood because it does not help to get a reflection on it.... the rest, dunno

Comment

• JMHO, but I would lateral the leading edge of the flat off of the leading edge of the hood to the fender peak line and as that line tapers off, follow the line to the leading edge of the A-pillar... possibly a wolverine slash on the fenders rather than the GS stripes?
                          Patrick & Tammy

Comment

• Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                            possibly a wolverine slash on the fenders rather than the GS stripes
                            Hmmmmmm .....

Comment

• Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                              JMHO, but I would lateral the leading edge of the flat off of the leading edge of the hood to the fender peak line and as that line tapers off, follow the line to the leading edge of the A-pillar... possibly a wolverine slash on the fenders rather than the GS stripes?
                              ie

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	46
Size:	18.8 KB
ID:	1353731
                              Patrick & Tammy

Comment

• in rainbow glitter.

Comment

Working...
                                X