Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first things first.... replace the plug

then measure for new pushrods

verify that nothing is going to hit (and who says I'm not crafty?)

at least .0740 of clearance

verified both sides

stack it all together again

which brings the new problem.... I ordered the wrong head bolts, in case anyone is copying this - the heads are similar to a Profiler 18 or 24, so those are the head bolts to get. Ah well, it's all moving the right way
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• That's cool... hopefully your clearances will be OK now...
      Patrick & Tammy
      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• test fit time

with supervision

this was a bit spun up because a balloon went over....

hmmm, nice balance

let's try that again

take wheel off.... life is easier until I finally build a gantry

almost like GM planned it this way

part one was how tall of valve cover would fit

this is why there is a big hit on the header tube from OBX - still looks like crap

miles of room

and the other thing I needed to know - how much scoop

certainly won't be doing a tall filter but it looks like just enough clearance for my L88 scoop

Comment

• i have cal custom tall covers and they fit under the booster--
          by maybe 3 nickles thickness. the fuel pump to frame needed a 90
          degree fitting, and still just barely clears--maybe 3 dimes thick worth.
          good strong poly or solid mounts are a MUST.

and i was wondering what you were trying to do going in from the front.
          gots to pull a tire and go from the side...oh wait. never mind, just saw
          the next picture, hah hah...

these are a "fun" swap, but basically a bolt in IF you have the right
          supporting actors- pulleys, waterpump, brackets, mounts, etc.
          its tight, but she go. looking good, buddy. looking good.

p.s. my 2" primary hedmans didnt need a single ding anywhere.
          hedmans are by far the best fitting brand everytime. driver side
          went up from bottom (no filter yet) and passenger side went in from
          top after i removed starter....to quote ace ventura, "like a glove" !
          Last edited by fatguyzinc; October 2, 2017, 02:28 AM.

Comment

• Remember, FGZ, OJ's gloves didn't fit at all. Honest.

Watch your words. :D

Comment

• the entire point of test-fitting the motor is to figure out what fits and what doesn't. I have questions on the valve covers, headers, oil pan, accessory drive and hood clearance. I may also install the sidepipes... so there's the list for the week.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndyB View Post
                Remember, FGZ, OJ's gloves didn't fit at all. Honest.

if it doesnt fit-you must aquit.....

Comment

• that BBC fits tight in the lady with plastic, augmented curves, but she likes it. A lot. One might say she even screams in pleasure and passion. Truly a woman with the devil inside.
                  Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; October 2, 2017, 06:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                    that BBC fits tight in the lady with plastic, augmented curves, but she likes it. A lot. One might say she even screams in pleasure and passion. Truly a woman with the devil inside.
                    hence the tiny lettering on the top of my rear license plate frame-
                    "she's one hot piece of glass".......

mines so tight i cant squeeze a finger between the drivers side
                    valve cover and the booster, the fan belt needs to go on 'sideways'
                    and roll into position between bottom pulley & x-member, and if
                    the left energy poly motor mount ever softens up i got like 3 dimes
                    thickness clearance between the fuelpump 90 degree fitting and
                    the RH framerail--thats gonna leave a mark.

the passenger valvecover 'self clearanced' the A/C box a bit on full throttle,
                    and even the headmans are REALLY close to the steering box-like 1
                    dimes thickness away. the alternator is 1-1/2 inches from driver inner fender rail
                    where hood sits, etc...

but again, basically a bolt in swap if you got the correct stuff- and D*MN is
                    it worth it, a BBC in a vette is pretty crazy. especially a 'slightly modified'
                    one, heh heh... id say im putting out roughly 475-525hp at the crank, she
                    pulls the front end against the top-out bumpstops with a clunk on full
                    throttle and keeps it there to 6000+rpm in all 3 gears till you let off.

truly scary, but oh-so-awesome.... youre gonna have a blast with her.
                    Last edited by fatguyzinc; October 3, 2017, 12:18 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndyB View Post
                      Remember, FGZ, OJ's gloves didn't fit at all. Honest.

Mine never do when I take them off at night and start anew the next day..
                      My kid, watching me squeeze my gloves on one morning, says, "If it doesn't fit, you mustn't rest"

Comment

• Your kid was kidding, right? Otherwise.....
                        Patrick & Tammy

Comment

• Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                          Your kid was kidding, right? Otherwise.....
                          Yes.. Inherited my smart mouth..

Comment

• ok then...
                            Patrick & Tammy

Comment

• so, other then the DD distraction, parts are coming together to move forward ..
                              first, and oh how I loved the howl last time I changed the rag joint for a solid borgeson joint.... these are the bits to remove the power steering and the rag joint

and I got the pushrods

now it's time to start pulling the stuff down for the rest of this build

I'm sure someone, somewhere needs this cowl hood and wants to trade me for their flat one - so I can put a different scoop in it. The guy who did this did a reasonable job installing the scoop so it seems kind of a shame to cut it one up

Comment

• Hmm, lucky for me a C3 is old enough for me to leave LHD. I suspect sticking all the steering bits on the right side would make a BBC be a tad tight. I can even pickup a C3 for reasonable money, well assuming I had some money to play with.

Comment

Working...
                                X