• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    so I didn't want to wait until it warms up so I bought colder glue

glue it, pin it, wait 40 minutes if 40 degrees

and it's there

next up fiberglass the inside of the fender (which I am NOT looking forward to), then fill the seam and start body work.... and raise the scoop... and do the rear fenders.... and do the rear floor....

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    What's the plan with the hood, cut and change the bracing underneath or build up the top?
    I can push it to the right shape, so simply brace by epoxying metal bits to where it needs to curve.

Leave a comment:

• 65RHDEER
    replied
    What's the plan with the hood, cut and change the bracing underneath or build up the top?

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    finish up the suspension

tighten it down and level it up

so I can go onto the next 'big' thing
    this side is good enough, not perfect, just good enough

this side is terrible

no going back now

first test fit

second fit

much better

what they did wrong was not do the same wheel opening side to side, the left side had a hook at about 2 o'clock.... cut, slice, dice and move forward so it's a radius and it's 'fixed' next up a lot of epoxy

then onto this issue
    the hood doesn't follow the shape of the fenders... it's like they all got together and decided to use the one Corvette that was no other

ah well, I have epoxy, fabric and I know how to use it....

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    for some reason I can't add anything to my trailer build, so I'll add it here since on Thursday I'm picking up something plastic and French for a friend

silly me thought all connectors were the same.... nope but it will work for now

in other news, I got the parts from Aiden American so installed them

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Looks great! The geometry is complex on that (at least for me - I do geometry thru experiment).

Dan
    I've made great use of the DRO on my mill.... those brackets were not the 1st, 2nd or even third set... but the benefit of them over the GM system should be dramatic (meaning, they'll work and I'll have headlights.)

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    Looks great! The geometry is complex on that (at least for me - I do geometry thru experiment).

Dan

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    That video is almost Project Binky level
    I've only taken 2 years to get to this point....

Leave a comment:

• 65RHDEER
    replied
    That video is almost Project Binky level

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    beta version

supervision and complaints to Buick

remove all this stuff

install precision brackets and ram

and voila

Video of it opening fully

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    closed

up

it will fit stock headlights (though I'm not using, being able to set the open and close heights easily is a big deal to me)

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Oh were these a pain to get out

then realized I didn't have the right bushings... so I ordered and went onto the next.... bumper

first cut a space

then cut and weld the old bumper brackets in place

and the reason why - I'm keeping the pop up lights but making them lighter and not reliant on vacuum
    first remove everything inside

then start test fitting

this opens perfectly that if I was using the stock lights and bezel, it'd fit

my hope is to build brackets so that someone could simply buy the linear actuators, cut a slot then put it in their car as well... and thinking very cheap, like less then $25 cheap (for the brackets - the actuators are $40 each)...

Leave a comment:

• silver_bullet
    replied
    Ode to Joy???

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    so I have basically 5 months to make this track-ready.... and we start today, slllloooowwwwwlllly
    but it was a start

I need to put these in the front shocks
    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; December 29th, 2019, 09:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• silver_bullet
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X