• 74NovaMan
    replied
    The car looks awesome!

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    time to fix on the to-do list
    anti-roll bar touches the coilovers...

there is a kit that I hoped would fix the problem... it did but it also required bending the sway bar

heating

and before people get persnickety, I know - I don't care, eventually I'll replace with race pieces, but keep in mind that I heated the rear sway bar in the '40 and it's still working just fine

next up, dash lights went out and cooling fan didn't come on.... separated those circuits with this

new starter, let the smoke out. Time for a call to Summit tomorrow because that isn't 6 months old

thankfully, I have another that works - just needed the bolt retightened - which is what got it pulled.... I probably loosened the wrong nut ah well, works fine now

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
    Planning PF tree already???
    Sledanet

Leave a comment:

• silver_bullet
    replied
    Planning PF tree already???

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Story of today. So I had a list, ugh. wash the cars, wax the Corvette, do a bunch of house stuff. What really happened. Washed the Jeep - took a family picture

note the C3 isn't in the lineup.... yeah, well it hadn't been waxed, then it got waxed
    looks great and the wheels are growing on me

to the observant, you'll notice less brightness... it was far later in the day

nice looking family, eh?

I also 3000 grit wet sanded then wooled then did a number 2 (wool is number 1), then a wax

it's here that we should mention the brand new starter, the starter that was supposed to be able to handle the hp, died

but that's more the ending of this story.
    she is a beauty

good night.

what, you want a story? fine... here it goes.
    The car has 22 miles on it now. 11 to the alignment and fuel then the same trip today...
    I was supposed to 'debut' the car at a show today - however, by the time I got to mile 16, the gauges stopped working. Clock was working fine, but something nailed the fuse for the gauges.... it also was, according to the FiTech, supposed to have its fan on. Related? probably but because I had promised to be at the show, I ran back home, grabbed the '40 (which ran awesome), and went to my commitment. Got home, made steak, and if this isn't making a lot of sense.... the steak was good and I need a nap.
    But I wanted pictures of it, so the pictures where the starter said 'no' is above. I'll fix it tomorrow but that was the story of the day, it's actually running okay - but I have a lot of tuning left to do with the FiTech. Just based on the 2 I have, I say they send them out where they run a bit lean - which makes starting this beast a challenge. So tuning, - which means, adding fuel - at this point it's all about 20% more than factory settings and not enough... of course, if the starter hadn't died I might have been able to figure this out. Oh and I forgot, the battery died too - that was the reason behind no C3 in the family photos.... that said, I've had a lot of interest in buying it - so who knows, I doubt someone will give me what I want but they didn't blink when I told them the minimum number...

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    not ready for prime time

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
    Couldn't you do that with your cnc plasma table ?
    absolutely, but one-off, square pieces are easier and faster using traditional methods.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Barlow
    replied
    Couldn't you do that with your cnc plasma table ?

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

nope, but I do know someone with a piece of aluminum and incentive
    That was my thought.

Dan

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
    Know anybody with a 3D printer?
    nope, but I do know someone with a piece of aluminum and incentive

Leave a comment:

• silver_bullet
    replied
    Know anybody with a 3D printer?

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    radio block off plate... what could it cost? $20? yeah. no
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/REAL-GM-196...-/172970014658

$1500

repop?
    https://www.zip-corvette.com/68-76-r...off-plate.html

$170....

good lord.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    now we're getting somewhere

e-brake...

I need to tighten it a bit more, but it works

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
    You and your "pretty dash". Took the cover off the flatbed dash to add switches and guages.. had ran out of time.. Started using it.. "next week" was 15+ yrs ago.. Confuses folks, anti theft Some smartass says, "Bob, wires belong in the dash". Buddy says "There are wires in the dash"
    windows that work... this ain't about pretty, this is about having working windows.... which, out there in the country, may not be something you're concerned about, but around here.... they're nice.

Leave a comment:

• Deaf Bob
    replied
    You and your "pretty dash". Took the cover off the flatbed dash to add switches and guages.. had ran out of time.. Started using it.. "next week" was 15+ yrs ago.. Confuses folks, anti theft Some smartass says, "Bob, wires belong in the dash". Buddy says "There are wires in the dash"

Leave a comment:

Working...
X