Plastic Fantastic tew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Plastic Fantastic tew

Not a problem . We are spend your money . Now if you have a problem with that arrangement then that is going to slow this project down in more ways than one . ( giggling on the side lines )

you folks are just catching up on that front - I've been considering using all C5 under this car with a modified center section on the back... since I'm putting flares, why not just (yeah, I even use that term) widen the track? if you note the wheelbase, 4" wider front and 8" wider rear is actually just a touch wider then what is on a stock c5

I'll save you google

C3 58.3 wide
    C5 62.0 wide
    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; October 21st, 2017, 06:44 PM.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

and some pictures

Comment

just one of the people who I listen to....
        http://www.vorshlag.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8393

Comment

While I am good naturedly being a little selfish hoping you do lots of fabricating to put newer stuff under the old cars frame , what about just buying a debodied C5 or 6 and setting your body over it ? Seems like it would be easier .
          Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Like adapting a Coke bottle to a frying pan. Architecture is all-over-the-place different.

Comment

Like adapting a Coke bottle to a frying pan. Architecture is all-over-the-place different.

then it's exactly what I should do

with that said, I'm not changing the width, just the wheelbase.... it is better then clean sheet design - just sayin'

Comment

While I am good naturedly being a little selfish hoping you do lots of fabricating to put newer stuff under the old cars frame , what about just buying a debodied C5 or 6 and setting your body over it ? Seems like it would be easier .

it wouldn't for a whole bunch of reasons - most notable is that rear-mounted transmission. the C5 moved the wheels back from the driver to accommodate the movement of the transmission. I won't use any of the center - what helps is the C5 is still a frame-based car, granted the passenger compartment is a shell, but the rear differential and the front frame horns can be dismounted and used in other set ups. Follow the threads with the other shop - they did exactly what I'm proposing on a 69 Camaro. To me that would be harder since there is no frame.

Comment

My youngest son owns my old red vette and he threw in the towel when the trans went out and just bought another vette . Well if he can't sell the thing for a 1000 bucks , I'm going to lengthen the framw ( probably in the front behind the front wheels and set a 67 -72 C10 on it. But I'm really hoping he sells it . I really need a suburban more than a short bed truck.
                  Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

My youngest son owns my old red vette and he threw in the towel when the trans went out and just bought another vette . Well if he can't sell the thing for a 1000 bucks , I'm going to lengthen the framw ( probably in the front behind the front wheels and set a 67 -72 C10 on it. But I'm really hoping he sells it . I really need a suburban more than a short bed truck.
                    If you can stretch it for a C10, Why not stretch it a bit farther for the burbs? Sorry about the hijack SBG
                    Patrick & Tammy
                    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

If you can stretch it for a C10, Why not stretch it a bit farther for the burbs? Sorry about the hijack SBG

no worries, at least it isn't a slingshot bikini.... FGZ *smh* nice guy but something just ain't right in that boy.

because it's designed for a 3000 lb car not a 6000 lb truck? rack and pinion steering has had trouble with heavier applications, it's out there, but putting such a system under a truck would be asking for problems.

of course, putting a C4 suspension under a C3 is a well-worn path to greatness....
                      Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; October 22nd, 2017, 07:54 AM.

Comment

Understood.....
                        Patrick & Tammy
                        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

The C10 short bed I'm sure I could get within the weight constraints . And a open bed would come in handy for the trips to Home Depot , but I really want a old 77- 88 suburban all the lockable cargo and 4 wheel drive . I really don't need another low slung two seater . You now lemonaid out of lemons .
                          Sorry for the derail as well . Thanks for humoring us .
                          Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Son sold the vette today . The family was up to 4 and now we are down to two . Finally got time to check out the link . Wow . Where are they ? Nascar , North Carolina ? Very impressive stuff AND THEY HAVE A C4 CORVETTE !
                            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Suburbans... I have a bunch - it's not like they rust or anything

Comment

so a bit got done. First was get the balancer on - which meant taking it off because it wasn't fitting correctly

now it does and brake clean does wonders getting the paint off

I'm glad I test-fit the headers - I need to get medieval on this header otherwise the plug doesn't come out

I also did some test fitting

why have a box when you can have a sexy, shapely girl?

basically it's just sitting on there - so now I can daydream on how it all will fit together.

and some fitting is required (a lot)

How I ended up with 2 shifters is a mystery to me - but it's good because wretched excess is a good start.

Comment

Working...
                                X