No announcement yet.

Plastic Fantastic tew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think you paint or powder coat that frame black and it would be pretty . Congats on the 10th anniversary .
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• 17 gallon tank....

move the frame up to where I can work on it easily

and fasten it in place

Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; February 24, 2019, 10:13 PM.
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• then there was time to hack up a lung..... err... I mean cut some fiberglass

because the floor can be lower and because I want to put a seatbelt/roll bar in place.... I cut the rest of the floor out

the plan is move the battery to the passenger side, lower that wall behind the driver/passenger then lower the floor - in part because I can, but also because I eliminated the battery box to put the Camaro rear suspension in place.... this give opportunity for improvements - also decent speakers and luggage space (not installing a stereo for those just joining in - HOWEVER, I've found when it comes time to sell - it makes it a lot more sellable if the possibility is there...)

Comment

• last few things.... first brace the shock mount

then box the end

all that is left is finishing the tank mount, then off to blast. I expect to haul it there on Friday.
          in other news I finally pulled the trigger on the Miller multimatic 220. I'll offset the cost by selling my other tig machine and probably my mig as well (I say that with a lump in my throat because that machine is kick-ass and I really don't want to see it go)

Comment

• final welding

time to blast.... after I find one....

Comment

• a bit of machining the spindles

it doesn't take much, now to redrill the holes

Comment

• back to the tank

there's a muffler hanger that, if closed, would make a great tie-down-pull-point, so I did

one more body test fit

I'm glad I did, more clearance work necessary

final fill of holes and making sure all the welding is done

front looks good enough

there.... apart and ready for blast and paint

and on the trailer for a ride to blasting.... getting the trailer out was an adventure... ugh

back on its dolly

then spent a bit of time tonight milling on the other spindle

Comment

• your talent, commitment and execution never cease to alternately
                  amaze, inspire, intimidate, and / or disgust me. where do you get the
                  energy, buddy. as always its a pleasure to watch you "pull a superbuick".

Comment

• thanks

it's funny, I loaded the frame up to haul it to sandblasting. Guy I used died a few years ago, so had to call around today. No one is available until next Monday.... which kind of sucks since my wife's Jeep needs another tow.... but in the end, one of those portable blasters is coming next Monday and will do the blast in my driveway.... bonus since I don't have to spend 4 hours hauling it to, back, the go back and bring it home....

and new-thing, no one just blasts anymore. if you take it to a shop, they may do a blast for you in between the powder coating, and at least one shop has said if you don't powder coat with them, they won't do just a blast...

and I hope this guy works out, I have the 64 Buick to get blasted, the 50 Buick, and the Fiat Spider....

Comment

• Any mobile dustless blasting in your area?

Last edited by Shep48COE; March 4, 2019, 11:18 AM.

Comment

• I think Emerald city dustless blasting might be the local rep , he comes to you at your site...
                        Patrick & Tammy
                        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                          I think Emerald city dustless blasting might be the local rep , he comes to you at your site...
                          this guy is coming to my house... I'll broadcast the name after next Monday.
                          there is a benefit here, I can take some of the parts that I'll need to paint off the rear assembly so that everything looks new.
                          Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; March 4, 2019, 11:58 AM.

Comment

• Sand blasting happens next week, to prepare.... time to blow the rear apart
                            but first, GM uses johnny joints.... since these suckers cost $80 each in the wild, there may be another source

together

all marked and ready to be stripped

that johnny joint thing, though.... it makes me happy....

Comment

• now that the metal work is done.... time for a new welder .... actually, I plan on an aluminum front structure to mount the lights, so this is just happening at the right time.

Comment

• You DO know that the average lawyer lacks your skills, right? I've been lusting after a TIG but I'm not sure I have the eyesight to properly use one these days. Quandary.....

Dan

Comment

Working...
                                X