X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
    Aaron, where did you get the plexi window? I've been looking for a pre-cut one for Mutt as the one I have has kind of lost its stiffness. What I've found is cut to fit and it seems like an S10 should be common enough that somebody would make them. I think the current one is too thin (like maybe 1/8" instead of maybe 3/16 or even 1/4 if that would fit in the gasket.) I need to make cutouts for the downbars the go thru but I'll have to do that no matter what I do with it but it seems easier to start with a window that fits to start with.

Dan
    I made a paper template then took it to Tap Plastics, they cut it out for me
    use 1/4"... trust me on this.

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    Aaron, where did you get the plexi window? I've been looking for a pre-cut one for Mutt as the one I have has kind of lost its stiffness. What I've found is cut to fit and it seems like an S10 should be common enough that somebody would make them. I think the current one is too thin (like maybe 1/8" instead of maybe 3/16 or even 1/4 if that would fit in the gasket.) I need to make cutouts for the downbars the go thru but I'll have to do that no matter what I do with it but it seems easier to start with a window that fits to start with.

Dan

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
    Window ..... that brings me to this question . Seems some of those old vettes had a rear window you could take out quickly . Is this that and if not , do you know how it came out . Sorry for the slight derail .
    73 and older, but this will be removable as well

Leave a comment:

• Dan Barlow
    replied
    Window ..... that brings me to this question . Seems some of those old vettes had a rear window you could take out quickly . Is this that and if not , do you know how it came out . Sorry for the slight derail .

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Installed rear bulkhead

carpet

old stuff makes a good pattern but smells terrible

glue new pieces together

yum, fresh carpet smell

lots of fitting

also got the plexiglass rear window

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    Originally posted by milner351 View Post
    your work ethic and seemingly endless supply of energy and motivation are truly inspirational
    Or depressing when I find myself a quart low on ambition.

Dan

Leave a comment:

• milner351
    replied
    I really like the way this is coming together - again - your work ethic and seemingly endless supply of energy and motivation are truly inspirational. This is the most unique "mako shark" vettes on the planet

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by Beagle View Post
    I'm messing with you, it sounds great. Good on you for putting the wrap on there. Calf burns are really bad. Scars are okay for guys I guess, but I feel kinda bad for all the beautiful girls I've met with scars from motorcycles. Ouch.
    I wasn't going to - but these are quite a bit further from the body then the Hooker ones on PF1... that said, using pipe clamps to hold it in place should make it a lot nicer

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by Beagle View Post

The Bee Cam's superior lobes of perfection are a profile so profoundly faultless that a Chevy would need a FR cam (Full Race) to even begin to compete with it. You may want to change that order.
    Ford guys, never understand them.... first they go on about honey (mmmm and biscuits), then they go full retard. No one goes full retard, well, except Ford guys... there it's pretty much assumed.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    lights.... work

now to wire the linear actuators... there's a possibility that I'll either be buying more actuators or that they "only adjusted at the factory" means "only adjusted at the factory unless it goes to Aaron"
    in other news, starting to get the interior sealed up as well

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    I'm messing with you, it sounds great. Good on you for putting the wrap on there. Calf burns are really bad. Scars are okay for guys I guess, but I feel kinda bad for all the beautiful girls I've met with scars from motorcycles. Ouch.

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

I hope not, I order an "r" cam for "race"
    The Bee Cam's superior lobes of perfection are a profile so profoundly faultless that a Chevy would need a FR cam (Full Race) to even begin to compete with it. You may want to change that order.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
    Sounds good! Must have a "B" cam in it.

Dan
    I hope not, I order an "r" cam for "race"

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    Sounds good! Must have a "B" cam in it.

Dan