Plastic Fantastic tew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plastic Fantastic tew

I know you hate Corvettes, get over it or don't.... I hinted this was coming, I bought it today

ut oh, there's an anti-theft device there

My friend has a scoop... mine is bigger (where the 'ew' came from)

the motor and trans don't come with it, but it comes with its stock motor (a 350) and trans (a ST-10). This motor sounds good, very, very good. It's a 400 with the larger B&M blower (177 iirc)....

I paid less for this then for PF 1
    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; April 1, 2020, 11:33 AM.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Anything in particular you plan on doing differently from PF1? and the same?

Comment

I have no need to own one - but I don't hate them. As long as it needs an engine I'd have to go with a BBB just to annoy everyone - Corvette guys by not putting a "Corvette motor" back in it and non-Corvette guys by defiling a BBB.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by William Wilson View Post
        Anything in particular you plan on doing differently from PF1? and the same?

C4 suspension front, probably a Guldstrand rear (I have all the parts to do this).... and the 6.0 LS motor in the Denali (you all thought I was kidding). I'll put the ST10 behind the LS motor. I'm also going to put on the flares I bought for the other Corvette...

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
          I have no need to own one - but I don't hate them. As long as it needs an engine I'd have to go with a BBB just to annoy everyone - Corvette guys by not putting a "Corvette motor" back in it and non-Corvette guys by defiling a BBB.

Dan

I have enough enemies. Plus, I wouldn't waste the Buick motor on a C3 Corvette.

Comment

Oh my. This is gonna be great.

I never doubted you for a second on the Duhnali. THAT is the way to buy a drivetrain.....driveable and complete. One knows everything is there and functional. Part the rest out and get paid to harvest the drivetrain.

Can't wait to follow along. Good thing I found that '56, PFTew won't give me the DTs now.
            Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

What year is the Denali donor?

You don't really need the resource as you are knowledgeable and have your own sources......but my buddy Jim parted a nice running '07 (iirc) 2500 truck to power his '56 GMC truck. He would love to talk about his trials and tribulations, text me for his number if you want to chat over any bothersome bit. He used the complete factory harness, column, dash display, transmission. Even with keeping it simple there were hiccups.
              Last edited by STINEY; January 29, 2017, 07:00 PM.
              Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Derby guys have been using ls motors with carbs and dist on them..
                I think you want to keep it "stock" ishy?

Comment

the goal is stock-ish power with turbos instead of mufflers then sidepipes. Mostly it's going to be a fun gokart to try some other suspension mods I've been wanting to try.

Stiney - it's an '04

Comment

I love corvettes . I know this must surprise every body . I love the whole idea , it just seems a waste to harvest the heart out of a perfectly good body . But were not talking people here so it doesn't matter . My only question is are you going to toss this into the juggling act or are you going to wait till after the buick is done .
                    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Stingray's are fun cars .. watching this with interest.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
                        I love corvettes . I know this must surprise every body . I love the whole idea , it just seems a waste to harvest the heart out of a perfectly good body . But were not talking people here so it doesn't matter . My only question is are you going to toss this into the juggling act or are you going to wait till after the buick is done .

I'm going to make it drive again (put a motor/trans in) then drive it. The big stuff will come later. I have a deck to finish

Comment

Will that cowl hood clear the big truck intake or you switching to a vette or camaro/firebird one .
                          Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

the hood already clears a roots-style blower.... thinking it would clear everything but low-flying birds, power lines, and aircraft on final approach.

Comment

Roger that .
                              Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Working...
                              X