Plastic Fantastic tew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

picked up some of the 'spare' parts.
    this motor was rattling pretty good, however, it's a 4 bolt main 350 so useful for something

and the transmission

a nice surprise 882 2.02 heads, screw in studs, light porting

and an airgap intake, edelbrock valve colvers, full roller rockers.

it also came with a removable cross member (manual cars don't have removable cross members).

what's cool about the motor parts is that someone spent some time and money on the car
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Not being a C3 expert , how would you get the trans out on a auto car without a removable crossmember ? I didn't notice on my daughter's 75 350 / TH400 car .
      Last edited by Dan Barlow; February 1, 2017, 08:11 AM.
      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

a cutting torch

kidding. once you pull the drive shaft the transmission can slide back enough for the input shaft to clear the bellhousing then it drops forward and out. Actually it's a bit easier because you don't have to support it on a jack.

Comment

That piston in the 350 looks nasty......
          Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

he said he pulled the other motor because the cam was flat. I'd say he had a timing issue, but what do I know? ;)

Comment

Agreed. Looks like timing with some compression AND some nitrous thrown in for good measure. Yuck.
              Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

my dad thinks the guy had the blower on this motor first, would totally make sense. I don't think he'll admit it. To be honest, I think he's already got seller's remorse. I dunno what it is about C3s and the people who like them - it's like they just can't let go. Weirdos.

Comment

EXCELLENT
                  There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                    my dad thinks the guy had the blower on this motor first, would totally make sense. I don't think he'll admit it. To be honest, I think he's already got seller's remorse. I dunno what it is about C3s and the people who like them - it's like they just can't let go. Weirdos.
                    In the right colors, polished out just right there's just that look to them that Corvette's haven't had since.
                    Stew K.

2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer LS 4x4 4.2 L6 Stock DD
                    1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser Adopt-A-Whale
                    1988 Chevrolet R30 Custom Deluxe L05 3L80 C&C
                    1974 Chevrolet Corvette 350/TH400 (Garage Art)

Comment

Fetching day.
                      but first.... yep, there's 3 broken teeth in that ST-10

wave good bye

we did a nice job of flattening berry vines and dirt piles fetching

and loading.... this is just before Regis did a full contact with the floor.... twas a bit slick. Thanks for taking one for the team, buddy.

no need to go to the gym today

If you run trees over when they're young, it toughens them up

loaded

stretching is appropriate when you're tossing a hood on

if the GMC looks a bit upset, it's because it's going to be giving up its motor for the Corvette

Interior shot.... this one has frills, it's a 4 speed car but has power windows

Comment

Good Project, one near me under a tarp for several years...I expect rusted...but never know unless I go ask about it...

Comment

Just wondering what your opinion on luggage racks are ? Also any info on the c4 front suspension . is this a bolt in affair or is careful measuring and welding needed . also along those lines these cars look better in the wheel department because of the rim having more positive offset . is the C4 front suspension going to ruin that or is the front getting flairs as well ?
                          Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

it's a lot of work to put a C4 suspension under a C3. Yes, the front has flares too - rear is 4", front is 2"

Comment

if you want to get involved in a little development project already under way, I could save you some effort...
                              Last edited by Loren; February 14, 2017, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Loren View Post
                                if you want to get involved in a little development project already under way, I could save you some effort...

do tell

Comment

Working...
                                X