X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contact Mongoose motorsports...http://mongoosemotorsports.com/contact-us/
    may need to ask for Mr. Wizzard!
    Patrick & Tammy
    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
      Contact Mongoose motorsports...http://mongoosemotorsports.com/contact-us/
      may need to ask for Mr. Wizzard!

You do remember I build my own headers, right? I actually really enjoy doing it - so why would I pay someone else to do my fun work - pay people to do what you hate to do, not what you love.
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	3a8b7a0c4d070b0b35933f3ea5868f3e.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	1151465 ...
        Patrick & Tammy

Comment

lol

Comment

While we are on a pause on this , I was just looking thru the pics again and was wondering about the red on this shifter plate . Did that come red or is it supposed to be black ? And are you keeping the luggage rack on the back ? I prefer them without but my daughter is looking to get one someday .
            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

luggage rack will go away in the build. Red plate is something that the PO bought for the 5 speed.

Comment

Check your p.m.s
                  Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

I have a friend who already took his off http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/...-lift-off.html

he's my neighbor and the guy who gets roped into doing all sorts of crazy stuff with me....

Comment

Yours , his as long as its factory and is in good shape . Let me know the shiping cost and arrangments .
                      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Got your p.m. with email . Soon as I can come up for air , which I think will be tonight I'll get in touch with him .
                        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Gen 1 SBC aluminum heads/intake 440 lbs
                          BBC aluminum heads/intake 517 lbs
                          LS iron block aluminum head 457 lbs...

decisions.

Comment

As much as I like going old school, it's hard to resist the lure of the potential of the LS and it's revving ability...
                            Patrick & Tammy

Comment

The way I see it (and, just the way I see it), if you use updated suspension, to where you have to use those new-style very negative offset rims, you're good with the LS update too. Kinda works as a package. An old-school Rat motor car should have the old-school positive-offset deep-dish wheels in which case your stuck with the antique rear-steer-frontend suspension or some variation of it. You could use the old suspension and new motor, sort-of, with some conflict, but why? as the old suspension is the first thing you would normally think about getting rid of (I have verified that the seventies 'Vette a-arms are the exact same stampings as the '59 Impala, turned backwards...sorta ugly-weird deal) . I shouldn't talk because my car has been sitting there unloved for years, but my choice has been to go old-timey w/ the 8" Rallys (and old suspension) and the Rat and suffer the consequenses, it won't be as fast or get much mpg but for a chrome-bumper car I'll like it more and I wanna hear that 454 thump. If it were a '75-up car I might be thinking about it differently. Of-course the rear end could be made to work with either type wheel but up front, if you want the front-steer and rack-and-pinion, you have to use the new-style wheels then as I said at first you might-as-well go whole-hog with the LS.

Am I rambling?

Comment

Originally posted by Loren View Post
                                go old-timey w/ the 8" Rallys (and old suspension) and the Rat and suffer the consequenses, it won't be as fast or get much mpg but for a chrome-bumper car I'll like it more and I wanna hear that 454 thump.

this gets my vote as well. if not rallys, then period correct types
                                like welds or centerlines, no billet bling things... on the other
                                hand it is your car, so....

as for the motor, a first gen SBC will be the cheapest while still making
                                good power, and they are reliable when built right. plus there are probably
                                more power "recipies" for this motor than all others on the planet combined...

the new LS motors are incredible, but MAN are they $$$$ to build/buy.

the old school rat mark IV (my personal favorite, guess why...) will cost
                                a bit more than the SBC, way less than the LS, make awesome power
                                AND has the benefit of being a 100% bolt in swap. also very well sorted
                                out as far as available power combos, and like the GEN 1 SBC when
                                built well are very reliable.

the C3 has almost perfect weight distribution front/rear even with an
                                all iron big block, they drive really really well. cooling is the issue but
                                there are ways around it- 4 core radiator, good steep pitch flex fan,
                                flowkooler pump, a bleed/vent in top hose to get air bubbles out,
                                correct pulleys (faster ratio) etc...

my 2 cents i would run a mark IV BBC everytime. i LOVE the 461" in
                                the white vette in my avatar, its a daily driver, reliable as a rock, gets
                                almost 15mpg @ 55mph with a carb / no overdrive, idles like a prostocker,
                                and when you stick your foot in it.....WOW...... tops out the front
                                suspension and keeps it there and pulls to 6500+RPM in every gear
                                so quickly its scary.

its got a GPS speedo with a 1/4 mile function on it, i tried it at the bottom
                                of the H3 freeway one night-- it broke the 3 bolts holding the converter to the
                                flexplate on the 1-2 shift, and still coasted to a 15.03. that tells me a 3 gear
                                full throttle pass would come up in at least the low 12's/ high 11's.

and all for $5000 or less !
                                Last edited by fatguyzinc; May 21, 2017, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X