No announcement yet.

Plastic Fantastic tew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling projects to fund the next help.. Seems most guys sell at a loss..
    I wonder if Aaron did real world math...
    We tallied up an "Invitational" build.. Got up to $6,000 before we quit.. The car won twice, $2,000 each time and has another run in it easily..
    I believe it is time spent building that most of us enjoy. Altho our last 2 cars took 3 weeks of pure hell to get ready (much lighter builds too) normally it is a 6 weekends per car and some evenings.
    Aaron has put time restrictions on himself, might not be the level we go to but he does have deadlines (events)
    I just wish we had an enclosed shop to work out of!

Comment

• Maybe since he is the " sponsor "of Project Binky on this forum , they would put out the next installment of their crazy fab show , my fab fetish would be temporarily quenched .And this is just as a spectator really , since I'm having a hard time just welding up a hole I cut in the perfectly good floor of my S10 for clearance issues . Irony, it's a fun thing .
      Last edited by Dan Barlow; August 14, 2017, 04:13 PM.
      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
        Selling projects to fund the next help.. Seems most guys sell at a loss..
        I wonder if Aaron did real world math...
        We tallied up an "Invitational" build.. Got up to $6,000 before we quit.. The car won twice, $2,000 each time and has another run in it easily..
        I believe it is time spent building that most of us enjoy. Altho our last 2 cars took 3 weeks of pure hell to get ready (much lighter builds too) normally it is a 6 weekends per car and some evenings.
        Aaron has put time restrictions on himself, might not be the level we go to but he does have deadlines (events)
        I just wish we had an enclosed shop to work out of!

The deal on cars with my wife is the car fund can go no where but cars - which works out really well for me. But you want truth - if I simply painted the car, I'd make far more money....
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Money isn't everything, and the way I see it, differing tastes make our hobby great!
          Patrick & Tammy
          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• im thinking that "plastic fantastic" needs to be changed
            to "spaztic plastic" as your cam choice will make it idle
            like the tazmanian devil having an epileptic fit on crack...

and thats a good thing!

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

The deal on cars with my wife is the car fund can go no where but cars - which works out really well for me. But you want truth - if I simply painted the
              car, I'd make far more money....
              She is making sure there are no whiskey, cigarettes and wild wild women...

Comment

• Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post

She is making sure there are no ....... wild wild women...
                that's be a trick to find one more then her. Even if I did, there's no chance I'd survive 2 like her.
                Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; August 13, 2017, 12:01 PM.

Comment

• so I'm either smart or stupid.... tune in later to find out which. I just bought some Isky Red zone endurance lifters for $300 from a pawn shop who lists on Ebay... they're $1,000 new... as long as they are rebuildable things should be fine... but these type of purchases always increase the stress level

Comment

• Roll the dice! I like it!
                    If it doesn't work out I know where you can get a Desoto Hemi to put in that thing!!!
                    A.K.A. Brian
                    Jack of many trades-master of none

Comment

• touche

Comment

that's be a trick to find one more then her. Even if I did, there's no chance I'd survive 2 like her.
                        Easily why I never looked at another woman once I met my wife.. She puts up with me ... Doubtful I could find another half as great as she is!

Comment

so I'm either smart or stupid.... tune in later to find out which. I just bought some Isky Red zone endurance lifters for $300 from a pawn shop who lists on Ebay... they're $1,000 new... as long as they are rebuildable things should be fine... but these type of purchases always increase the stress level
                          Rusty rollers missing blinker fluid,

Comment

• Rebuildable lifters ? Never heard of such a thing . My leg getting pulled ?
                            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• Originally posted by DirtyWhiteBoy View Post
                              Roll the dice! I like it!
                              If it doesn't work out I know where you can get a Desoto Hemi to put in that thing!!!
                              why not sell him the nailhead to put in his C3????
                              Patrick & Tammy
                              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
                                Rebuildable lifters ? Never heard of such a thing . My leg getting pulled ?
                                no leg pulling committed.

Comment

Working...
                                X