Plastic Fantastic tew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Russell View Post
    Was the cam off or did you end up dot to dot?
    the answer is coming soon.... like later tonight
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
      right.... nothing happening here, no need to take pictures of anything
      these arent the droids youre looking for...move along....

Comment

• I added another holley carb to my collection - in reality, I think I'll use the body from my blower carb and the base (since I modified it) from this carb.... totally worth it to do

the aforementioned blower carb

right or wrong these were the decision. Stainless Elgin full roller rockers. Thought seriously about the aluminum but know that the guy with the 427 in his boat had nothing but trouble with them.... so here it is

maybe I should just stack this scoop on top of the current one....

2 degrees off. instead of 4 advanced it's 2 degrees advanced. close enough

so this is the bearing on the back to keep from eating into the block (and of more concern putting showers of iron in the oil)

most of the time tonight was spent adjusting to zero lash on the cam... but it's done

next issue is on the floor

I suppose I could fill the gap with silicone.....

I am concerned about oil pan clearance - not cross member because that's actually in front of the motor, but how close the pan is to the ground... ah well, if it was easy, Pirate 4x4 could do it.

Comment

• We use aluminum roller rockers on the derby motor.. No problems in 5 years and one fry down..

Comment

• long periods at high rpms is the issue

Comment

• could always dry sump it....
              Patrick & Tammy
              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• why don't I just? sounds like a great way to have another vehicle that looks sad (like Sledanette)

Comment

and rock music

Comment

• boy, I assemble aluminum heads for a BBC and crickets.... tough audience.

Comment

• Just saw it..
                      Too pretty!

Comment

• oil pan troubles.... you'd think if you got the pan and pickup together, they'd fit... you'd be wrong

Comment

boy, I assemble aluminum heads for a BBC and crickets.... tough audience.
                          *hands superbuick a "participant" trophy*

Comment

• Crickets were to eminate a comforting vibe until you exercised the oil pan demon!
                            Last edited by silver_bullet; September 24, 2017, 10:25 PM.
                            Patrick & Tammy
                            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post

*hands superbuick a "participant" trophy*

oh bring it Mr. No Install Dual Quad..... "I'm busy" he sobs

*adds trophy to others on shelf.
                              Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; September 25, 2017, 06:12 AM.

Comment

boy, I assemble aluminum heads for a BBC and crickets.... tough audience.
                                Aah , you forget my friend that some of us go to church on sunday not saturday ☺. Then after church it was ice cream time . I was planning on grabing our ice cream sundays and going home for computer and t.v. time but we ran into a couple that we hadn't seen in a year or so .So we stayed and chatted .
                                Super job on the heads . ( Didja see what I did there ? 😎
                                Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Working...
                                X