Plastic Fantastic tew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post

Aah , you forget my friend that some of us go to church on sunday not saturday ☺. Then after church it was ice cream time . I was planning on grabing our ice cream sundays and going home for computer and t.v. time but we ran into a couple that we hadn't seen in a year or so .So we stayed and chatted .
    Super job on the heads . ( Didja see what I did there ? 😎

Friends and ice cream over bbc aluminum heads.... smh
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Send me a half gallon of ice cream and I'll watch you work on a sunday evening !
      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
        Send me a half gallon of ice cream and I'll watch you work on a sunday evening !
        it's in the mail - you should have it in a few days.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

oh bring it Mr. No Install Dual Quad..... "I'm busy" he sobs

*adds trophy to others on shelf.

hey, im going to install it...just...not on the vette anymore.
          its slated for the (as yet unbuilt....yeah yeah yeah, im workin on it ! )
          newer, nastier 468" thats supposed to go into the 55, along with the muncie
          4spd i was going to swap into the vette.

on a side not, there was a huge (for us in hawaii) car show at the hawaii kai
          costco last labor day, maybe 200 cars. my favorite (besides my vette i mean.
          or lil fro's 56 belair.) was a straight axle 41 willys with a 427 and a super T-10,
          it was like SWC all over again...and the name on the side of the doors?
          "ROAD RAGE"..... perfection !

Comment

• so tonight I didn't have much time so it was time to dig in my stash of stuff and find a mini-starter, motor mounts, steel sfi flywheel, and oil pump stuff.... I also found some roller rockers that I forgot I had, though not for a BBC.

Comment

• Ah! The lovely ripable mounts?
              Can you "clamshell" the mounts? Rubber on frame and cups on motor like the 70's chevys? Just do not buy chink ones. They are sooo thin and the rubber rattles preinstalled.. Bought a pair and trashcanned them!

Comment

• these are a poly mount - they're interlocked.

Comment

• Patrick & Tammy
                  - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• more then a little disturbing that you have that one speed-link....

Comment

• I just couldn't leave that one in the block

pushrod checking length - as is normal, one of the checkers won't work because you can't get the jam nut past the guideplate

which lead to another issue... there's an interference between the head and the piston
                      cute,no?

the repair

see the straight edge? it's designed for the older, closed port heads

now it's all heart shaped.... and an interference.

yeah, precision work....
                      I'm still not sure I took enough off but until I get clay and check that along with the valve clearance, at least it doesn't hit on rotation. I'm going for .050 clearance

pretty, even with the missing tooth

the water pump is on because I can - not because I should

Comment

• thats weird, *USUALLY* you can run closed chamber piston
                        in an open chamber head, but NOT vice-versa.

me thinks perhaps too much dome/compression height on
                        those pistons. oh well, beat it between two rocks till it
                        works, thats the true hot rodder way !

Comment

• I thought the heart shape was for mixing / flow? Would it make more power if the pistons were notched?
                          http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                          1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                          ​​​​​​

Comment

• it still has somewhat of a notch. I had considered earlier to buy larger-dome pistons but in the end am running what I've got - this follows that same line... I'll try to remember to snap a picture of what 'stock' looks like for comparison.

as for more power, dunno.... I have this silly notion that 700 hp will be sufficient.

Comment

• I would say 700 should be fun. Is that with a power adder, or just a lot of RPMs.
                              http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                              1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                              ​​​​​​

Comment

• rpm

Comment

Working...
                                X