• Show
Clear All

• Click image for larger version

Name:	zfoASxP.gif
Views:	71
Size:	1.59 MB
ID:	1177288 ...
    Patrick & Tammy
    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• class and taste were never a part of this thread, I'm sure that's all part of FGZ's collection - we don't judge here, puke, maybe, but no judging.
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
        class and taste were never a part of this thread, I'm sure that's all part of FGZ's collection - we don't judge here, puke, maybe, but no judging.

projecting again there, brother. i aint the one thinking bout 375lb guys
        in fruit basket hat talking like lucy...

or a 375lb dude in a hammock thong............

Comment

• Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post

projecting again there, brother. i aint the one thinking bout 375lb guys
          in fruit basket hat talking like lucy...

or a 375lb dude in a hammock thong............

and I ain't the one with those pictures on his computer.....

and you know the best part of it all.... you ain't denied that description either
          Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; October 19, 2017, 09:52 PM.

Comment

• back to 427s

box of receipts, most importantly the lash adjustment (16,18)

shortened the dipstick so it reads accurately

lash adjustment

and yes, I need a touch taller valve cover

intake manifold glued in place

test fit the side pipes

it'll do

My goal is fired it a week from Sunday - that actually means driveable

Comment

• bloody hell that was a pain to find.... no special-material-distributor gear required - this from Comp Cams web page http://www.compcams.com/Pages/402/camshaft-cores.aspx
              Street Roller Cam Cores (Hydraulic or Solid Roller)
              (special material - works with most standard distributor gears)
              01-000-8 CHEVROLET 454-502 Generation VI Big Block
              07-000-8 CHEVROLET LT1 Engine
              08-000-8 CHEVROLET 262-400 V8 with Roller Cam (1987-98)
              09-000-8 CHEVROLET 4.3L V6 with Roller Cam (1987-98)
              11-000-8 CHEVROLET 396-454 V8 (1967-96)
              12-000-8 CHEVROLET 262-400 V8 (1957-98)
              18-000-8 CHEVROLET 4.3L V6 (1985-99)
              56-000-8 CHEVROLET 4.3L V6 (1992-99) with Balance Shaft

Comment

• The headers look cool, not sure ever ever seen a real side pipe header installed.
                1997 Ranger 5.0L HO, GT40 heads/tubular intake, 65mm TB, 1.7rr, B303, Tri-Y headers, dual 2.5" exhaust, Flowmaster mufflers, T5 trans, Tri-Ax shifter, CenterForce Dual Friction clutch, 8.8 Traction Lok 3.55 gears, Cobra 13" front brakes, Cobra 11.65" rear discs.
                1997 Mustang GT
                sigpic

Comment

• I think it should be illegal to own a C3 Corvette without sidepipes.

Comment

really? is there where we're going? nothing irritates me faster then some blowhard coming onto a thread quoting published numbers rather then real-world experience. Those same numbers, consider this - my Buick Skylark, 1970, 455, full interior car went across the truck scales at 3167.... never mind that its "shipping weight" was over 4000 lbs.

So unless your next words include proof with a tare slip, the door is that way ------> use it.
                    lol OK, apparently your panties are on way to tight.....

​My early A-body (65 Beaumont, 2 door hardtop, small block car, TH400, full interior) tipped the scales just over 3300lbs with a full interior and me in it. Now, I may be a bit of a fatass, but I'm not 900lbs.

​I was actually interested in the build (and your other ones as well), just pointing out that your "2400lb" Skylark Wagon is being way optimistic lol.

​But carry on, I'm just a blowhard lol

Comment

I think it should be illegal to own a C3 Corvette without sidepipes.

except for the
                      "RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH" factor, i totally agree.
                      wish i could run em here, but caint. illegal.

and as i said, i went and found that picture just for you. i dont have
                      a collection of anything but gasser pics. thats my story and im sticking to it.

Comment

• Been locked out for awhile , couldn't remember my password again so I have some relpy catching up to do.
                        1 No I don't want a gone thru C3 suspension. While my esteemed collegue from hawaii is pretty impressed with them stock comared to old camaros and chevelles , you've got guys with only 84 to 96 corvettes that would be all over you if it weren't for that big block . And ......
                        2 You got my hopes up with all the mods of putting newer corvette stuff under there . You never take the easy way !
                        That's all I have to saybabour that . Your car , your money .
                        Headers on the big block look great . Too bad you can't put it all in from the bottom like some sub framed cars .
                        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
                          Been locked out for awhile , couldn't remember my password again so I have some relpy catching up to do.
                          1 No I don't want a gone thru C3 suspension. While my esteemed collegue from hawaii is pretty impressed with them stock comared to old camaros and chevelles , you've got guys with only 84 to 96 corvettes that would be all over you if it weren't for that big block . And ......
                          2 You got my hopes up with all the mods of putting newer corvette stuff under there . You never take the easy way !
                          That's all I have to saybabour that . Your car , your money .
                          Headers on the big block look great . Too bad you can't put it all in from the bottom like some sub framed cars .

this is true--as good as a C3 is, a C4 (although much hated) will
                          run rings around one stock. but just like fuel injection and overdrive
                          transmissions far surpassed carbs & turbohydramatics, there is still a time
                          and place where the old ways rule.

hence the carb'ed, monster cammed, 468" and race prepped full
                          manual reverse valve bodied TH350 in my C3. so those pesky C4's
                          have a hard time keeping up.

i too love the way the headers look, thats really impressive.
                          i can only imagine what a #@$%!^@@!!!!! they are to put in.............

Comment

• Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post

this is true--as good as a C3 is, a C4 (although much hated) will
                            run rings around one stock. but just like fuel injection and overdrive
                            transmissions far surpassed carbs & turbohydramatics, there is still a time
                            and place where the old ways rule.

hence the carb'ed, monster cammed, 468" and race prepped full
                            manual reverse valve bodied TH350 in my C3. so those pesky C4's
                            have a hard time keeping up.

i too love the way the headers look, thats really impressive.
                            i can only imagine what a #@$%!^@@!!!!! they are to put in.............

I think it's kind of funny about C4s - they do handle worlds better, but if you're going to go race you start with a C5 or C6. Both of which run rings around the C4s..... these are old cars, you can make them do great things but none of them are competitive unless you spend new-car-money making it so. 20,000 is the price of the Detroit Speed suspension for a C3. With that said, you can make a C3 far better then a C4 - mostly because the aftermarket is falling in love with the C3s and not yet with the C4s.

side pipes are really easy. bungie cord the driver's side header in place, put the motor in. Passenger side has plenty of room to slip it up from the bottom. Best of all, they don't get flattened on speed bumps since the frame is parallel with the bottom of the pipes. Secondly, you don't have the heat, inside, from the pipes running under the car.

hardest thing about pipes is you have to block the car up to get it on a lift since you can't lift with the flat pads (and you can't get the stepped up pads under the car)
                            Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; October 20, 2017, 08:21 PM.

Comment

I think it's kind of funny about C4s - they do handle worlds better, but if you're going to go race you start with a C5 or C6. Both of which run rings around the C4s..... these are old cars, you can make them do great things but none of them are competitive unless you spend new-car-money making it .
                              Not a problem . We are spend your money . Now if you have a problem with that arrangement then that is going to slow this project down in more ways than one . ( giggling on the side lines )
                              Last edited by Dan Barlow; October 21, 2017, 04:45 PM.
                              Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• Never knew those headers would be that long. Makes me want one!
                                http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                                1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                                ​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                                X