Plastic Fantastic tew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

no worries, at least it isn't a slingshot bikini.... FGZ *smh* nice guy but something just ain't right in that boy.

seem to be a bit obsessed with that thought there, brother.
    have you ever studied the workings of sigmund freud?

although maybe you should have been STUDIED by freudsters instead........

Comment

• can we get back on track here? this gravel trap hijack sucks....
      Patrick & Tammy
      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• all I see is no one likes the flares. sheesh, tough crowd
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

tough crowd
          Says the guy who doesn't like Jack-In-The-Box. Don't you know C3 Corvettes are the 99-cent taco of the exoticar menu?

The fiberglass, all of it, looks great.

Comment

• Originally posted by Loren View Post

Says the guy who doesn't like Jack-In-The-Box. Don't you know C3 Corvettes are the 99-cent taco of the exoticar menu?

The fiberglass, all of it, looks great.

why jack when you can Taco Bell? :D Does Jack give you runs to the border? I thought not

I like my junk the junkiest
            Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; October 23, 2017, 08:46 PM.

Comment

• Taco Bell over Jack in the Box! Any day
              Must be a PNW thing..

Comment

• Must be, I've yet to find anything at Jack that I'd pick over other options.

Comment

• saving for reference

Comment

• 700 hp fuel systems... carb'd ..... thoughts, suggestions. I know I have to replumb to 1/2"
                    other thoughts is I would love an in-tank system, but that's just not a possibility because no one really does a carb'd in-tank system. There's a band-aid or two, but most just turn the pump down via lower voltage (which means more heat, less longevity)....

Comment

• Hey, what's wrong with box flares on a C3? Where did you source those panels from?

Comment

700 hp fuel systems... carb'd ..... thoughts, suggestions. I know I have to replumb to 1/2"
                        other thoughts is I would love an in-tank system, but that's just not a possibility because no one really does a carb'd in-tank system. There's a band-aid or two, but most just turn the pump down via lower voltage (which means more heat, less longevity)....

how about an in tank system with a bypass three port regulator? then if you ever decide to go fi, you don't have to drop the tank...
                        Last edited by silver_bullet; October 24, 2017, 03:50 AM.
                        Patrick & Tammy
                        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Originally posted by irsa76 View Post
                          Hey, what's wrong with box flares on a C3? Where did you source those panels from?

I'll let you poke around their site, but this is who I got them for http://customimagecorvettes.com

why not box flares? I prefer these.

Comment

700 hp fuel systems... carb'd ..... thoughts, .
                            uh-oh, you asked for it...

With an old-style external pump feeding a carb at 15 psi or so I'd look to up the fuel line diameter to half-inch, which it looks like you'd have to make up as I don't see anybody selling pre-made lines. Stainless half-inch (if you wanted that over steel) gets to be a bitch to work with and a good bender for that is hard to find also, I have one I had to make myself 'cause a purchased one kinked the line due to too-tight radius. Not to mention, bending up those lines with the body installed will probably be an awful job unless you really enjoy bending lines up (I sorta do, sick-o). The Chall has 5/8 lines, aluminum line was the only choice for line and I do not like aluminum fuel lines on the street! Street-driven cars see hazards a race car never will including freeway trash and lots of use over time.

But...

If you were to go with a fuel-injection-type in-tank pump w/ 50 psi or something like that, 3/8 is plenty enough diameter for the hp...see what this guy says: http://ipgparts.com/blog/fuel-line-s...ize-do-i-need/ You'd need the usual return system, when you get to the motor have a f.i. regulator and return line originate from there, then dead-head out the carb line with an 8 psi (or whatever) regulator on the way.

Just buying two pre-bent fuel lines and tweaking them around to run parallel should work or at-least be a good start, if no one sells a supply/return set already.

An important plus w/ above scheme, if you switch to f.i. later, you're already set. The negative is, again, doing all this with the body installed, including the fuel tank mods or swap will be a project in itself. The one I did a few months ago using a Tanks Inc. tank and pump/tank plate had some pretty odd bending to do to make lines work, I'd have hated to have to mess with that and work around the body too.

Fuzzy pic below: looks simple 'til you deal with the fuel tank hold-down which has to thread in there where the stamped depression on the left is, why the line that takes off to the left is where it is, the supplied tank plate really ran the two things smack into each other. . There needs to be a tank vent in there somewhere too.

I suppose that all this would be easier if you were to be accepting use of flex line around the tank area. I kinda avoid the stuff except at the motor, but that may be just personal preference/paranoia as much as anything. Click image for larger version

Name:	fuel tank.JPG
Views:	69
Size:	110.0 KB
ID:	1177769
                            Last edited by Loren; October 24, 2017, 07:46 AM.

Comment

saving for reference
                              Wish I could run that on my 57! Got the ugly "off the #1 exhaust header bolts" one. No holes on my heads.

Comment

• Bob, I've met you and there is DEFINITELY at least 1 hole in your head, maybe more.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                                X