No announcement yet.

Plastic Fantastic tew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• photobucket - it's like they want to go out of business. You'd think that with them booting half their photo accounts, things would get better.... yeah, no. One picture is going to have to tide you over

I spent a good share of time looking for my spare, rear hardlines,,, they've been in the way forever, but now that I could use them they've hidden themselves....

in other news, I fixed the denali's seat issue, headlight, and now the seat heater doesn't work....it's like it has a code which says "only 90 of 100 electrical items can work at once".... I'm not sure I care - the fix included using a glue gun so I'm not exactly being the poster child for high standard repairs.... but still, and the reason it's on this build is because this is the motor that goes in the next C3 I build.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• ...........which will be for someone else right ? As your keeping this one .
      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
        ...........which will be for someone else right ? As your keeping this one .

why can't I keep both?

It'll be interesting to see where this ends.

Comment

• I could see you trying to decide which one to drive after both are completed....
          Patrick & Tammy
          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
            I could see you trying to decide which one to drive after both are completed....

The question to determine the answer will be "how many points do I have on my license this week.... what kind of ticket can I get and not lose my license?"

I can imagine this goes through WRP's mind too ;)

Comment

• Promised pictures...
              hot glue and crimp connectors - it works

how boring, right? stock, yet tall, valve covers

Comment

• how boring, right? stock, yet tall, valve covers

You're going to pass this off to the uneducated that this is a rare prototype factory racer, aren't you....
                Patrick & Tammy
                - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Heh, not a bad idea.

Comment

• i have the weirdest b*ner again....

Comment

• pulleys arrived

brake bleeding time

and steering

I finally did it, I put a tack on the inside of the u-joint to make it fit. I did not have this trouble with the last car; but good grief. I tacked it, then ground it a bit so it fit snuggly to the input shaft

and voila

Tomorrow or Thursday I'll finish the last dent I need to put in the headers then button the motor and trans together.... if I get lucky, I'll drop it in on Thursday for permanent

Comment

• Here's to getting lucky
                        (notFGZ's lucky)

Comment

• pulleys installed

final test fit of the headers

some clearancing is required

time to work on the finish

shiney

brushed

this falls under future proofing - install of a o2 bung

I'm going to wrap what is under the hood to keep temps down and get rid of some of the shiney - presuming that arrives tomorrow, Sunday I'll put the beast in

Comment

• Today's plan was to get the motor in for permanent (or as permanent as they tend to be with me)
                            First problem was the Amazon delivery of header wrap didn't happen. No problem, I'll give them a jingle. "we will have it to you today." As of 7:30pm, it is not here - remind me again why I didn't just get a refund and go buy it from O'Reilly's?
                            then there was 'problem' two

which isn't a problem it's more a distraction :D snow men were made and destroyed in a callous manner.
                            back to work.... clutch install

oh good lord

let's look again

plugs arrived via Amazon

but still no wrap
                            assembled bullet

installed - sort of - I still need to lift it back up to get the sidepipes in once I get the damn wrap

that is the appropriate hole for the Z bar

of course, I can't attach that until I get the wrap
                            hmmm, this looks a bit short on one end

fortunately, I have a non-modified support so the fix is pretty simple

Comment

• Looking good, nice progress. Thinking about a C3 project.

Comment

• Originally posted by mopar57 View Post
                                Looking good, nice progress. Thinking about a C3 project.

it's kind of funny, there are 8 guys who are local to me who own C3 Corvettes because of Plastic one.... they really are the up-and-comers of the car world.

Comment

Working...
                                X