No announcement yet.

Plastic Fantastic tew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how very interesting... seems our buddy Photobucket is based in Seattle - how convenient for me
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Radiator installedish

and plugging some holes

time to reduce some underhood heat and get rid of that ugly dent

wrapping just what is in the engine compartment

then a coat of black to keep the fraying down

Comment

• Nice! Going to Seattle for a coffee and a little chat?
        Patrick & Tammy
        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Likely giving them the blue folded papers?

Comment

• For those who are curious what the transmission mount looks like for a TKO600 - it's the shinyish one

driveshaft, red.... not sure why but I do see I need to find another u-joint

this was fun

plan b was set on jackstands and lift the engine with the cherry picker

z-bar.... I know I'll be glad of it when it's all installed, but right now I'm not too keen on it

Comment

• looking good, buddy. thats a "fun" swap, isnt it....

Comment

• I love how my camera makes brass look rusty...

Comment

• Yeah right - blame it on the poor camera (I left you an out there.....)

Dan

Comment

• It's like any other old thing, it forgets stuff and thinks it's better then it really is

Comment

• as with most, cheap headers, these sort of fit

some trimming required

yum, tasty fiberglass

oddly, it's not at the same level (horizontal)

more hacking

and this side (passenger) looks to need nothing

first step, put spacers in the motor mount

better but where those lines are need heat

now it fits

however, all is not peachy

I had this same issue on Plastic 1

driveshaft mostly installed (need 2 more clamps)

someone asked me once how far the side pipes hang down.... not at all

and Photobucket - I'm moving host, but that means that some of my old threads are going to be de-pictured... sorry, but at this point it's kind of the only choice (and I'm not backing off fighting them)

more bits waiting

this is cool

Comment

• 1st email from photobucket
                        In order to keep your account current and all of your content available, we are asking that you migrate over to one of our current Plus plan offerings: Plans
                        Failure to do so within 30 days will result in your billing to be suspended, and your account will be reverted to a free account.
                        If you have any questions about your account or which of our current offerings is right for you, please don’t hesitate to reach out.
                        Thanks,
                        Sebastian,
                        your personal account manager
                        My response

You accepted my money - a year in advance - and I demand nothing less the full compliance with the contract you have with me. Should you choose to breach those terms, I will seek legal remedy in the appropriate Washington State Court and in the event of breach seek both consequential and punitive damages.

Yes, I know where your office is and who to serve the papers upon. Breach this contract at your own risk.

Thank you for your email. Your current subscription will be honored until the expiration date. At that time, you’ll need to upgrade to a current plan offering in order to maintain your account.

Thanks,

Sebastian
                        Yeah, that's what I thought B*tch
                        Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; November 17, 2017, 11:26 AM.

Comment

• Good for you! They screwed with the wrong dude. But how many common folk have they bullied in paying more or getting less?

Dan

Comment

• Starter, wired

distributor with adjustable collar, arrived

Spark plugs, gapped and installed. In case your curious what lights off the beast - Briggs and Stratton spark plugs.

Dog installed

linkage, installed - one of those times I'm really glad to have a shop full of parts, my goodness that was a pain finding all the bits that worked together

I think the oil cooler is going in front (just not that oil cooler)

Spiderman had red webbing today

still need to do a fuel system but at this point the drivetrain is together (brakes, clutch, driveshaft, etc)

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                              Good for you! They screwed with the wrong dude. But how many common folk have they bullied in paying more or getting less?

Dan

Need to point something out - I'm didn't post that stuff because I'm trying to prove that I'm some kind of legal badass; rather, I want anyone who is having trouble with them to follow that template and turn the screws on them too.... what they're doing is wrong and has already created a legal violation that could cost them a bunch - however, that takes years to realize and this - just like the app I linked - takes their business decision and hangs them with it. Many companies get away with this because the time between legal malfeasance and legal punishment can be decades; thus they do get away with it because they get the money, cause the headache, then get some bankruptable slap on the wrist....

Comment

• dagnabit.... power is out. My wife is away, so perhaps I can rebuild a carburator on my dining room table... it's hickory, so it's good... right?

Comment

Working...
                                X