No announcement yet.

Plastic Fantastic tew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• and so it begins... though with that said, it's time to put my other compressor on, this one is worn out.

Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Time for Tew to get a little hippy?
      Patrick & Tammy
      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Just wondering if that tail panel replicates the length of the 68-73 or is it a little longer ?
        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• it is a stock, 68-73 tail panel, the flares do the adapting

Comment

• more work.... first, finish the carb

for whatever reason, the clutch rod was too short.... I can fix this

cleaned up the brake dust from the wheels

then put more dust on them

I'm not going to over think this.... it's flares, it's a race car....

Comment

• Thanks for the write up Mr. McSquatch, Buick thanks you too.

Comment

• for the record, these are 3/4 inlets.... not 5/8....

that's done, onto the fans.... these fans came of the Wanderer, they're from a 2000 Impala and fits pretty darn good

fitting

on the radiator

and as I suspected, it does not fit as a unit without some work

however, with a genuine Corvette motorcycle strap, and removal of a few bolts...

a bit of cutting to clear the upper a-arm

and I now I have dual fans with a pre-made shroud

Comment

• Trucker's bungy cords in heater hose works real good as radiator/shroud holders!

Comment

• Like the radiator arrangement. THAT ought to work.

Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                      Trucker's bungy cords in heater hose works real good as radiator/shroud holders!
                      but I used special 200 mph tape, you saying that may not work?!!!!

Comment

• id lose that bypass hose from manifold to waterpump. yes, when the t-stat is
                        closed it lets you 'loop' the water, but even when the t-stat opens it will still
                        'bypass' a bit of water. its one of the things that made the 'overheat or not' difference
                        on my white 454 vette.

big block chevys are notoriously hard to cool, double so in a vette (almost zero grill
                        surface) and every little bit helps. by removing the bypass you force ALL the coolant/water
                        through the radiator when the t-stat opens. who cares if it cavitates a little cold, just drill
                        a couple of 1/16 holes in the rim of the t-stat.

even if it only lets 5% of the coolant bypass when hot, thats losing 5% of your total
                        capacity. and mine runs all day every day even in bumper to bumper for 2 hours traffic-
                        at 90 degress and 80% humidity it never sees 200 degrees at the motor.
                        Last edited by fatguyzinc; November 29, 2017, 10:14 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

but I used special 200 mph tape, you saying that may not work?!!!!
                          Gee whiz, we are derby folk, can't afford such high class!

Comment

• Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post

Gee whiz, we are derby folk, can't afford such high class!
                            well, if you'd stop wrecking your cars - perhaps you could afford such luxury.

Comment

• Good point, but damn! It is such a rush!

Comment

• I feel like breaking out into song.... "I got parts, they're multiplying"

then...

dagnabit... I ordered - 8 PTFE line, the box says - 8 PTFE line... that ain't - 8.... - 4.... screeech! to a stop

you know, it'd have been nice had they included the 90* fitting for the - 8 line rather then a - 6 90* fitting... oh good grief

at least the new carb fuel line looks pretty

and there's a good spot for the regulator

thinking the pump isn't going to work there.... nuts again

then I had to deal with that f***ing Jeep ..... every time I work on it, I find yet another screw up... this time, the dealership monkeys couldn't figure out how to put a light bulb back in

at least they're consistent?

the rest of that story is that whole last thing with the lug nuts ruined a rim.... but it's mostly because the pad issue (that was caused because I couldn't get the wheel off).... oh well, I'll continue my marketing campaign for them....

Comment

Working...
                                X