Plastic Fantastic tew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ah..ac radiators.. We run them for a "shield"
    I doubt you will have cooling problems as you stated, manual tranny cars run a bit cooler..
    Is aluminum supposed to run cooler as well? Iron retains heat!

Comment

• spent more time working on my shop stove, but did touch this
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• I really hope they paid Chad Reynolds good money for being their spokesperson... I don't know how many people I've shown (and have bought) the hydramat based upon that video.

However, I was supposed to get my hydramat today, but UPS was a bit optimistic (but still well within their normal deliver window) with their delivery window so no finishing of my fuel system tomorrow..... hopefully I can get everything but the tank done.... crossing fingers (gloved fingers)

Comment

• Saw something about UPS saying it will deliver 1-3 days after their deliver by quote due to backlogs in their distributing centers ...
          They were not going to change the deliver by times, just doing it late..
          I thought was bad for customers due to porch theives

Comment

• UPS isn't late, delivery day is scheduled for this coming Tuesday, but they updated their delivery notification to suggest it would have been here Saturday... no big deal, it's not like I don't have other projects that need attention.

Comment

• would that classify as anticipation anguish?
              Patrick & Tammy
              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• It would be if I didn't use it as an excuse to sit around and watch TV all day.

Comment

• I should be further along, I'm not but at least the plumbing is fixed in my house.....

worked a bit on a bunch of things
                  fuel system

I don't know if it's a good idea or not. I hate the fuel smell of ss braided lines, so I'm using PTFE line.... which is great except the tank needs a vent. All I've found are either direct-open-to-atmosphere or are designed for 100 hp. So I've done it but I'm not convinced it's a good idea.
                  In the roll-over valve I put a light spring to hold the ball against the vent. It can outgas under pressure from the cap, and draw through the vented (and filtered) roll over valve...

Got the tank out of the car

and pulled the metal shield out

so I could access the inner fenders and start cutting the fenders off

which lead me to a Beagle-level distraction when I found that heat did a wonderful job of lifting the paint enough to scrape off

then started working on fuel line and came to the conclusion that full -8 PTFE line would be a better choice so I ordered that

and the bend that caused the issues

Comment

• Picture of the stuff that slick, bearded spokesmodel for Holley convinced me to buy (again)

that said, these things really do work slick for getting fuel to the pickup and letting you completely, and utterly run out of gas.... I'm pretty sure it even sucks up the fumes.
                    Here's why I say that - my gas gauge, well, fixing it is just too much work in my FJ40 (what with the removing of the seat and pulling the lid off... too much work), but I've found that it'll start sputtering a couple miles before it is completely and truly out of gas (bet you no longer wonder why I always carry spare fuel). The last time, 16 gallon tank, 16.1 gallons to fill and it drove to the gas station. These things are pretty sweet - plus, while expensive, buying a new fuel tank with a sump, building surge canisters or filling your tank with foam is not cheap either, this is simply drop into the bottom with magnets on the corner and it's done.... best of all, it's also a pre-filter so you save the $50-$120 cost of a pre-filter.
                    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; December 11, 2017, 10:34 PM.

Comment

• My eyes are failing me. What am I looking at?
                      I need to mod an old tank to EFI in the near future...
                      1997 Ranger 5.0L HO, GT40 heads/tubular intake, 65mm TB, 1.7rr, B303, Tri-Y headers, dual 2.5" exhaust, Flowmaster mufflers, T5 trans, Tri-Ax shifter, CenterForce Dual Friction clutch, 8.8 Traction Lok 3.55 gears, Cobra 13" front brakes, Cobra 11.65" rear discs.
                      1997 Mustang GT
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Teddyzee View Post
                        My eyes are failing me. What am I looking at?
                        I need to mod an old tank to EFI in the near future...
                        Future proofing

Comment

• It has come to my attention that some think C3 Corvettes should be restored. They should not. Ever. Put the chalk down, get help for your addiction to inhaling chalk, go put a blower on your car. TY

Comment

• I have as well as most C4 Vette guys have fuel starvation problems in turns if below half a tank . What's the cost ?
                            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
                              I have as well as most C4 Vette guys have fuel starvation problems in turns if below half a tank . What's the cost ?
                              $220 with the 20% off right now from Holley... you can get them for less money, they make a 3x11 like is in my FJ40 that would work for your C4... those are in the $120 range

Comment

• Still waiting on a couple fuel system parts, so I started fender removal and continued paint removal.... pictures

so a brief tutorial
                                see all the gooey stuff? that's what glues the panels on

first step is to heat and chisel the sealer out between the upper and lower panel

I got very lucky on the front because the fender started to detach as I was removing the seam

on the back, not so much, I'm not sure this fender will be reuseable when it's off.... fortunately, this fender had prior, poorly-fixed damage so it's loss isn't that big of deal

I think I'm going to do a video of the other side, there's very few youtube videos that show the soup to nuts of taking these fenders off.... it's not that hard, but it is a bit fiddly

Comment

Working...
                                X