No announcement yet.

Plastic Fantastic tew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so now you get mesothelioma and ovarian cancer?

Is that enough room for 38's?
    Last edited by Beagle; December 16, 2017, 03:27 AM.
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• Beags is back, kachow!
      Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beagle View Post
        so now you get mesothelioma and ovarian cancer?

Is that enough room for 38's?
        Only in California
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Shop heat is a GOOD thing. Just sayin'. Mine is warming up as we type.

Dan

Comment

• One of tomorrow's first task is drill out the holes larger (so I can use propane) in my natural gas heater and mount the shop heater. The time has come, I guess.... then time to start insulating - though I was interested, I saw that home depot carries the supplies and stuff to do the spray-on insulating foam - that works well for me because I don't want to have to clear out the entire shop to have it professionally done.... if I calculated correctly, it's like $500 in the gun and materials to spray it.

Comment

• Been on the wrong side of nasty around here lately, news says you got it a little worse..
              Must be getting old everything hurts!

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                One of tomorrow's first task is drill out the holes larger (so I can use propane) in my natural gas heater and mount the shop heater. The time has come, I guess.... then time to start insulating - though I was interested, I saw that home depot carries the supplies and stuff to do the spray-on insulating foam - that works well for me because I don't want to have to clear out the entire shop to have it professionally done.... if I calculated correctly, it's like $500 in the gun and materials to spray it.
                I thought natural gas needed larger holes than propane? Can't remember since I got rid of the natural gas outlet near my back deck for my BBQ, along with the BBQ.
                I really should insulate my shed, been here 12 years and every summer I've been saying that when it's too damm hot to go in there. And every winter when it's too damm cold.
                Of course, what I really need is a proper workshop.

Comment

• Originally posted by STINEY View Post

Beags is back, kachow!
                  I should have waited a day, I could have included formaldehyde (sp) and carbon monoxide poisoning in the list... I kid. I kid. Life's tough. Wear a cup.

Aaron, did you transpose that? If I remember, you did some vent work in a previous life, so I figure you already have plenty of exposure to it and typed it backwards? LPG is a larger orifice down here in the south, and wants a different regulator pressure too. Thanks for bringing up this discussion, I had forgotten I have a 100k btu Lennox house furnace in dad's garage that needs to be hooked up. I didn't get the blower though, but a box fan should cover a 500 foot garage. lol. Lawyer saved me money, who woulda thunk it?

I'm curious about the sprayon insulation. How many feet will that 500.00 cover? At the thickness you calculated, what kind of R value? Should I remove the bicycle frames hanging from the rafters for the last 40 years, or just leave them there?
                  Last edited by Beagle; December 17, 2017, 06:00 AM.
                  Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• you know, scientists said that if you let out blood that it'd make you healthy - so why do you think they're right about this?

correct, weld then drill and in my early morning google, I found nozzles so I may still drill

my shop is 30x36 with 11 feet of exposed wall (there are soffit lights at the top). I simply calculated as if there were no doors and that 'extra' amount I figured would be more then enough for the header panel
                    1 1/2 inches thick

R7 IIRC

*edit* as for removing stuff, I hear that the farther south you live, the less you need to take off the walls... thus, leave bicycles hanging and just spray over the top
                    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; December 17, 2017, 08:55 AM. Reason: forgot the important question

Comment

• so there will be a lot of fitting
                      this is round 2

oh yeah, and scraping - I'm going to paint this black

also worked a bit on the tank

the assembly

and assembled - and yes, there's an extra -6 line there so if I ever do decide to go EFI that I have the return already plumbed in

Comment

• oooooooooh shiny..........

Comment

• no, it sucks, it doesn't shine

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	sucks.png
Views:	69
Size:	152.2 KB
ID:	1183491
                            Patrick & Tammy
                            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• stripping is coming along nicely

and I'm one fitting from completing the fuel system

Comment

• she's naked

and someone went and put a stick inside her

even found a belt for her

Comment

Working...
                                X