Plastic Fantastic tew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• last corner then final fitment

perspective views - mostly for me to use the digital camera to be certain everything is close to proper alignment

hum, that tail needs more tire
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Looking like a car again.. Needs fatter meat tho.

Comment

• Time to get glued, screwed, and, tatooed....
        Patrick & Tammy
        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• yep, needs more tire....but be careful, not enough backspace tends to eat the rear wheel bearings
          (i guess it moves the load bearing too far outwards or something) and trust me you dont want to
          have a rear wheel bearing fail on this monster during a "theoretical top end verification" test...

also, they SUCK to change even in the best case scenarios.....

Comment

• Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post
            yep, needs more tire....but be careful, not enough backspace tends to eat the rear wheel bearings
            (i guess it moves the load bearing too far outwards or something) and trust me you dont want to
            have a rear wheel bearing fail on this monster during a "theoretical top end verification" test...

also, they SUCK to change even in the best case scenarios.....
            Reminder for my Hawaiian friend - the suspension is the last bit.... what you see now will not exist when the car is nominally done.

Comment

• Narrowed Dana 60 with 5 lug conversion?

Comment

• Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                Narrowed Dana 60 with 5 lug conversion?
                no, and I'm not putting dual quads on it either

Comment

• TriPower L-71 ???
                  Patrick & Tammy

Comment

• Tri-anything is communist. If you can't do it with two, it just shouldn't be done.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

I'm not putting dual quads on it either
                      If you want it slow, yes.. Probably do better with one..

Comment

• I recall seeing a Cobra replica at the 99 Street Machine Nats in St.Paul that had a L-71 and a Doug Nash 5 speed.... The purists were fuming!
                        Patrick & Tammy

Comment

• Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                          I recall seeing a Cobra replica at the 99 Street Machine Nats in St.Paul that had a L-71 and a Doug Nash 5 speed.... The purists were fuming!
                          There are purists for replicas? Wow.

I couldn't see a Cobra purist getting anymore upset over a replica with a chev in it than any other replica.

Comment

• If I built one it would have a BBB which I HOPE would annoy those with their noses in the air. I once knew a guy with a '53 (might have been a '54) 'Vette with a hard-charging Pontiac (IIRC, a 421) in it. It was in a display at Autorama in Cobo Hall (Detroit) along with my buddies L88 'Vette and you should have heard the comments on the '53! One guy even offered up a Blue Flame Six which was respectfully declined.

Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by irsa76 View Post

There are purists for replicas? Wow.

I couldn't see a Cobra purist getting anymore upset over a replica with a chev in it than any other replica.
                              I know, I know, but that was about the time when the parts were becoming available to reproduce GT 350 mustangs in pretty convincing fashion and this guy had the Cobra dressed to the nines in trim that would convince the unknowing that it was the real deal... I personally thought it was very nicely done...I like em all.... I saw a photo of that 53 vette once Dan as well! I used to think of all kinds of weird combinations... Helped a fella in Iowa City put a 426 Hemi in a 57 Chevy 2 door wagon(not a nomad) back in the early eighties... He also had a Corvair with a Crown Conversion planted 327... Damn... that thing would flat out fly!
                              Last edited by silver_bullet; February 1, 2018, 01:52 PM.
                              Patrick & Tammy

Comment

• Here's the rule of thumb for AC Cobras.... if you see it driving down the road - it's not a real AC Cobra.

Comment

Working...
                                X