No announcement yet.

Plastic Fantastic tew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's an original 289 Cobra near where we live, and the owner is proud to drive it as often as he possibly can.... Most aren't driven, but I feel privileged to know those that do drive them....
    Patrick & Tammy
    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• I know one person too, but I've never, actually, seen him drive it - but he says he does and I don't think he's the lying type (though he does do government jobs, so there has to be a bit of larceny in him)
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• so I was all set to do a tutorial on how to recover dash pads, but I stored the vinyl safely away.... safely from me

maybe I'll get leather, why not...

while that's on hold, I got my balls all straightened out

and time to start sanding.

then the compressor started slowing down (it's already mostly worn out, but now I think I just cooked the bearing - probably should have checked the oil in it but I figured it was tank preservation stuff so I didn't want to slow the flow out down.. that and I have a new compressor that I just need to put on... now I must put it on because the other is probably scrap

Comment

• We've got a dashpad or two to recover, so I'll be taking notes...
          Patrick & Tammy

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

Reminder for my Hawaiian friend - the suspension is the last bit.... what you see now will not exist when the car is nominally done.

if youre going to ditch the entire rear assembly, then yes, that takes care of it.
            if youre going to run a sharkbite/dragvette/some other take on the 'normal' rear end,
            then the problem still applies.

i vote for the narrowed dana 60 too...

Comment

• a bit of sanding tonight

Comment

• This
                The theme for PFTEW? You're still in raw glass, so, if you wanted, you could either cut down the "Flying Buttress" design to a knotch back, or go totally off of the farm and Maco-Shark/Motion Boattail design...uh-oh... I even reminisce about the Greenwood Sportback....
                Patrick & Tammy

Comment

• I thought very seriously about doing a tribute - but, and this may sound weird (don't care) - it's going to be black so I can do hideaway lights then cover them with black lexan so it mimics the stock, factory look but doesn't have the issues of vacuum (given the motor doesn't make enough vacuum).

Comment

• I always liked the endurance racing bubble covers , but, it's your ride.... just giving options... Click image for larger version

Name:	03-1965-corvette-mako-shark-ii-hanspeter.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	124.2 KB
ID:	1188984
                    Reborn: Hanspeter Böhi from Muenchenstein, Switzerland, builds a spot-on replica of the most important concept Corvette ever
                    Patrick & Tammy

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	il_340x270.1362290661_e23d.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	1188986 ???????
                      Patrick & Tammy

Comment

• I like my mods to look, at first glance, stock.... the endurance bubble is cool, just a bit too far in my opinion

Comment

• and time to do a little more work

I think I'll glue fenders this weekend (rear).... crossing fingers the time happens.

Comment

• I know it doesn't look like I moved far, but since this work relied on my complete rebuild of my air compressor things are not as they appear

so I got to sand without stopping to wait for the compressor to catch up - not just that but I had to turn the air volume down on my DA.... happiness

so a bunch of sanding got accomplished.... probably won't get gluing done this weekend because swap meet and new truck buying.... but soon

Comment

• Wore the Hummer out of it's humm?

Comment

• new truck buying?!?!?
                                You do realize we're all aquiver in baited anticipation...
                                Patrick & Tammy

Comment

Working...
                                X