No announcement yet.

Plastic Fantastic tew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lots of work, but, it damn sure looks great!
    Patrick & Tammy
    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• this morning, without the screws
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• yeah now I'm irritated.

I've been very complimentary to Custom Image Flares. I think they are quite helpful and their flare is the best looking on the market. Today I got a "you don't know what you're talking about" from Josh Powers - the guy who owns CIC. Fair enough, so from here on out I'll start really documenting how terribly these things fit. But let's start with that last picture above....notice how the seam is well below the bonding point to the upper panel? I made a mistake - I presumed that they make the flares in mirror to each other... in short, that the top parting line of the flare was the same as the line that is the top of the fender.... it's not. It's that far off....

Wait until you see the door seam.... they didn't get enough material so I'll be making a new door gap.... all because they were careless in their mold and parting process....

You're welcome Josh, let's see what you think of what I know now.

Comment

• Never irritate a perfectionist who argues for a living and relies on extensive documentation to perform his day job.

Comment

• Yeah.... what he said.....
            Patrick & Tammy

Comment

• with pictures, he went from "you're lying" to "we had to make some improvements" in 30 minutes or less. I was then informed that his ego was bruised. I told him I'd sign the bruise if he'd like. no word on whether or not he wants me to sign it.

Comment

• Sweet sound larger B&M blower

Comment

• Test post to see if I see pictures

Comment

• Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                    Test post to see if I see pictures
                    great.. The Jan 2017 ones hen you brought the car home or looked at it.. Blower motor is pictured but none of your recent ones..

Comment

• Sign the bruise with a well wielded drilling hammer...
                      Patrick & Tammy

Comment

great.. The Jan 2017 ones hen you brought the car home or looked at it.. Blower motor is pictured but none of your recent ones..
                        DB I don't know what you tell you - they work on my computers...

Comment

• Originally posted by DK Alice View Post
                          Sweet sound larger B&M blower
                          that motor stayed with the owner, it's in a 79 El Camino now

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

DB I don't know what you tell you - they work on my computers...
                            Yeah.. It's handicap discrimination.. You hearies get the best of everything!
                            Obviously others are seeing them too.. What I don't get is I see most others' too well except Stiney's VW ones.

Comment

• "hearies"?????? are you friggin' kidding!!!! Just Kidding....most of the time I hear the ringing in my ears ..... I had to search for a photobucket patch to see the photos...
                              : https://www.google.com/search?q=phot...=1520170320396
                              Last edited by silver_bullet; March 4, 2018, 08:35 AM.
                              Patrick & Tammy

Comment

Yeah.. It's handicap discrimination.. You hearies get the best of everything!
                                Obviously others are seeing them too.. What I don't get is I see most others' too well except Stiney's VW ones.
                                You can’t see my latest pictures in the picture thread? I am guessing you also can’t see the ones I fixed in my old Der HackenLaden Werks thread either.......I could see some of the old PB ones, so I left those alone, and the fixed ones are Imgur.

sounds like perhaps Bob is having trouble with only the Imgur Picts? First I have heard of that issue. Anyone have some help for Bob?
                                Last edited by STINEY; March 4, 2018, 08:01 AM.
                                Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Working...
                                X