No announcement yet.

Plastic Fantastic tew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heres a test pic for you bob. can you see this?!?!?!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	thatsnotpam.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	1192428

Comment

• Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post
      heres a test pic for you bob. can you see this?!?!?!!

Name:	thatsnotpam.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	1192428
      Unfortunately....
      I wanna follow Lord Aaron's progress.. Sorry but his projects are the first I go to on BS...
      Older photos and the girls with cars seem ok..
      Pic of day is 50-50..

I'll try Patrick's thread suggestion..

Deaf call each other "deafies" or "deef"
      Hearing folks were "hearing" shortened to "hearie" or " heary"
      "proper company hate those words.. Consider them the "N" word for blacks..
      I ain't that sensitive...
      I was called "DEEF BOB" by the announcer at derbies when I was running.. He saiid many words differently, I was told..

Comment

• so glad we get a skinny pic of FGZ smh lol

anyway, now that I've found the proper bleach onward with Corvette stuff

and the random "look what I get to fix because the panels were made too short"

if you think that looks a little rough, you best get new glasses.... it's a lot rough... but hey, the manufacturer said quality has improved since they made mine.... good to know, good to know

oh these are going to be a pain to fix.... build up, let set up, repeat.... should only take 8x

I got 2x in tonight

this side makes up for the fail of the wheel opening by at least being long enough and just needing maybe one build up

yes, that gap

more pics

and the random diesel motor that's going into my 300 dollar suburban

Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• for those wonder whether or not Photobucket is from Seattle - note the "it's all your fault and we're going to make a note of it" letter
          Of course, the initial communication was "stop auto renew" so for that I'm wholly, completely, and joyously to blame

Interestingly, I've not had the "pay more money or else" pop up since this started... weird, no? must be one of those computer-generated-coincidents

Moss (Photobucket Support)

Mar 5, 12:57 PM MST

Hello,

Thank you for getting back to us. While we would like to assist you further with your issue, we will make note in your account that you declined to provide us with the requested information needed in order to continue troubleshooting the issue. I have gone ahead and turned off the automatic renewal for your Plus subscription. As stated in our Terms of Use, payments are non-refundable.

Your account will automatically revert to a free account after your expiration date. You can view your account status and expiration date at any time on your Account Status page. To get to the Account Status page go to [www.photobucket.com/settings/status] or click on your username --> select User Settings and --> click on the Account tab.

Thank you.

Moss@Photobucket Support

Have a question about something else? Our help site is packed with articles to get the help you need quickly. Click this link to access our help site - http://support.photobucket.com/home.

Comment

• While I was hacking up fiberglass dust, throwing fiberglass into my eyes, and trying to make a 40 year old car fit together again - someone else was watching the MCM new show and posting first. I hope you folks appreciate what I'm going through for you...

Yesterday
            fiberglass

I'm sorry, I'm not letting it go - this particular spot is obscene, why CIC didn't make the panel too long is beyond my comprehension... to be honest, I think the fix will be imbed a down then fiberglass over the top of it. The biggest problem is the wheel well isn't in the same place on either side. On this side, it's too far forward. Again, this is 'normal' in my opinion for fiberglass work - but again, when you spend nearly 2000 for flares, you expect at least a certain level of quality. These failed. They said that it's 'better' now... caveat emptor.

and the wheel opening is lower on the panel - which this is my mistake, I presumed that it would be a mirror of each other and I used the old fender to rough in where the cuts needed to be... stupid me.

this is the the other side - note how nice the gap is? too bad the wheel arch is so screwed up (poor molding and an 'ship it' attitude - as seen by the gel coat they painted on the outside to cover up the screwed up edge)

at least this gap is close - but were they so cheap they couldn't give me 1/2" to trim?

on to filling holes

I really need to aside here for a moment, though. About 1/2 of my problems would have been solved had I paid more attention then presuming they did great work. I love the flares themselves and all of this can easily be fixed... easily'ish. I'm not looking forward to making the outermost edge perfect - to the point that I may have some metal edges lasered out then adhere them to these fenders.... we will see.

first, fitting

trying to pull it together... it didn't go well

take 2.... do note that most of these pictures show that I had to reattach the side bits .... bad words may have been said

rather then throwing things, I went to the back for a bit.... clever, no?

part of my problem (we're back at the front) was the inner mud guards were holding the bottom out

hard to see, but this is actually better

I'm down to this corner.... before nothing was right

Comment

• At least now you know all the problems for when you do the next one!

Like you say working with fiberglass moldings should be easy, however the people who do the molds never seem to put in that extra bit of work so the next stage does go easy.

Sure cars can be a bit different in their shapes and you have to adjust but things like different heights to the flare, disappointing.
              Tim
              Melbourne Australia

65 Hardtop Impala, 70 GTS Monaro, 93 "80" Landcruiser

Comment

• more work done that looks like nothing was done...

note the high-tech holding device

a picture of the way of holding a front together (it gets better, wood comes in later)

1/2 my time tonight was on this

I think it was hit at some point because there's extra bondo here and nothing is lining up correctly

this side looks great

finally I gave up and cut more of the inner structure out

and then stuff started to line up

ish

first step was knock all the bondo out

and then the nose center didn't line up

all it took was a block of wood holding the center up

and yes, that's lined up because it bolts to the nose and will flex up that little bit

and finally time to glue again

then onto the next step which is gluing the inner supports

I feel like I have to re-engineer this or later this will be a problem again

and finally, it looks just about the same as it did last week

at least next week that strap will be off

Comment

• I believe that I see improvement... looking good...persistence is paying dividends!
                  Patrick & Tammy
                  - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• hmmmm

Name:	s-l500.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	1193029

Comment

• That would be pretty slick. I bet it's too wide...

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                      and finally, it looks just about the same as it did last week
                      Man, that's why I don't work on other people's cars anymore. You bust your ass for days and then they come in and say exactly that...

Car is looking very very good.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                        hmmmm

Name:	s-l500.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	1193029
                        camaro or gto?
                        Patrick & Tammy
                        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Camaro

Comment

• Originally posted by Loren View Post
                            That would be pretty slick. I bet it's too wide...
                            now we know why I put 4" flares on my car ;)

it's 63.5 hub to hub, the C3 is 59... still get deep wheels but a much better suspension.

Comment

• I can see the camaro sub! Whoo hoo!
                              Unfortunately I gotta guess on the bodywork on the car..
                              What is different?

Comment

• Most things are lining up better?
                                I've never seen a fiberglass part that has been "right" without work. Although most have been better than these.

Comment

Working...
                                X